• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Intercooler for Transverse 3.5L Ecoboost

Started by mattr66, January 10, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattr66

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 10, 2018, 02:02:07 PM
Quote from: mattr66 on January 10, 2018, 12:48:50 PM
Since you will be able to run more pressure, octane tolerence will be better.
Right, but will it be 2 grand better?

Of course that will be a personal choice but I can see the possibility of buyers remorse.

Once you get past 15-16 psi on the tiny turbos IAT2 is going to rear its head and 93 doesn't tolerate high intake temps.
Just get my intercooler when they are finally released

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ddlopes

What's the release date for the intercooler? And what's the price?
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ZSHO

Quote from: ddlopes on January 10, 2018, 03:34:34 PM
There is unfortunately no unforeseen release date in the horizon for the intercooler on this platform IIRC!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: mattr66 on January 10, 2018, 02:28:21 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 10, 2018, 02:02:07 PM
Quote from: mattr66 on January 10, 2018, 12:48:50 PM
Since you will be able to run more pressure, octane tolerence will be better.
Right, but will it be 2 grand better?

Of course that will be a personal choice but I can see the possibility of buyers remorse.

Once you get past 15-16 psi on the tiny turbos IAT2 is going to rear its head and 93 doesn't tolerate high intake temps.
Just get my intercooler when they are finally released

I just might do that!

mattr66

Quote from: ZSHO on January 10, 2018, 03:54:32 PM
There is unfortunately no unforeseen release date in the horizon for the intercooler on this platform IIRC!  Z
Says who?

ZSHO

Quote from: mattr66 on January 10, 2018, 04:25:50 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on January 10, 2018, 03:54:32 PM
There is unfortunately no unforeseen intercooler upgrade on this platform IIRC!  Z
Says who?

There is no intercooler upgrade AFAIK!  Z
Mattr66Due setup an Intro @ your earliest convenience.  TIA.  Z
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

matt, please lay down some facts about the custom intercooler so we can see what you are referring to.  Right now, we only see a black box to take a poke at :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Z, im pretty sure Mattr66 is the famous (or infamous?) Matt of Gearhead performance.

Intercoolers, upgraded turbos, and I've heard from a reputable source  tuning skills second to none.

mattr66

Quote from: SHOdded on January 10, 2018, 05:17:35 PM
matt, please lay down some facts about the custom intercooler so we can see what you are referring to.  Right now, we only see a black box to take a poke at :)
It is a drop in had some issues of fitment on the first prototype.  Keeps IAT2 within 25 degrees of ambient at WOT under most conditions (excluding extreme heat soak).  The first prototype has a flow issue (still made 460hp to the wheels) that I corrected and am waiting for the manufacturer to correct the casting of the outlet tank.  I'm confident the next version will fit better and have 2 psi less drop that this one that is already waaaaaay better than the stock intercoler.

SHOdded

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 10, 2018, 05:19:23 PM
Z, im pretty sure Mattr66 is the famous (or infamous?) Matt of Gearhead performance.

Intercoolers, upgraded turbos, and I've heard from a reputable source  tuning skills second to none.
All the more reason for a proper intro :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mattr66

Quote from: mattr66 on January 10, 2018, 06:12:45 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on January 10, 2018, 05:17:35 PM
It is a drop in had some issues of fitment on the first prototype.  Keeps IAT2 within 25 degrees of ambient at WOT under most conditions (excluding extreme heat soak).  The first prototype has a flow issue (still made 460hp to the wheels) that I corrected and am waiting for the manufacturer to correct the casting of the outlet tank.  I'm confident the next version will fit better and have 2 psi less drop that this one that is already waaaaaay better than the stock intercoler.

Here's the latest Dyno with the intercooler and xdi pump running e30.

bpd1151

Probably should divide up the topic before it derails any further from the OP's thread title.

Not doing so, and continuing on with an alleged intercooler discussion will for sure damn it to obscurity/oblivion and not serve either interest properly.

Especially if/when the time comes that the product is actually released.

Just a friendly suggestion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ddlopes

2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ddlopes

Also what other mods were done to achieve 460 whp?

DerricksSho

BrewCityBoost tuned,3 Bar, LMS thermostat
CAI M-Design upgraded stock turbo's
LMS down pipes (Catless) 3" Custom exhaust
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!