• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Re:Djxfactor Flex setup!

Started by djxfactor, January 11, 2018, 09:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djxfactor

I've finally figured out the problems with my Flex. I've noticed a gradual loss in power combined with a gradual increase in air and hissing under throttle. Before the season ended I ran the Flex one last day at the local 1/8th mile track and my times were horrendous on multiple tuner's tunes. It just felt like I had lost all my real power, the numbers showed it on my timeslips, and I couldn't seem to pinpoint the main issues because there was nothing visually compelling to say "hey, I'm the problem!"  That loud air rushing sound under accel had developed over the past few months, and I assumed it was a VERY small air/boost leak because I was still seeing 14psi of boost consistently. Every tune, from two different guys, would cap out at 14.1psi, on the dot, never waivering, really. And this was even before I ever heard the air leaking, which tells me I've had leaks since I got the Flex used at 32K miles. I just greenishly thought I had hit the limitations of the system, or that it was just where I was "supposed to be."  It's been that way ever since I first started tuning my Flex, so it's just been status quo for me and I'd frustratingly accepted it. I also had exhaust system issues, and a peace-mealed an exhaust system put together that was ghetto, at best, leaked at joints all through it, and had different sized piping and cheap Thrush mufflers (ranged from 2"-2 1/2" pipes with restrictions all over) throughout.

Well, long story short, I've replaced the entire exhaust system, downpipe-back, with a 2.5" x-pipe and full 2.5" Magnaflow system. No more leaks, no more ghetto, nice clean sound and a sealed, smooth, good-flowing system. I also JUST installed (Tuesday) the EPP Hotpipes with a Tial BOV. These pipes look SO much better, the Tial looks fantastic in Red, and I'm loving having a proper dedicated Meth port. The best thing, though?? My boost leaks are 100% gone!!! More importantly though, holy hell, the power!!!  I loaded one of the last good revised tunes from Brad and I hit 16.4psi at WOT and was thrown back in my seat SO hard from the torque. Never have I ever hit that PSI since I owned the Flex, on any tunes. It's never driven like this...it's literally like a whole different vehicle, and it's freaking fantastic!

2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.

ZSHO

@- Djxfactor Nice! I'm liking the whole RED scheme setup!   :thumb:
Glad you were able to troubleshoot your issues.
It might be worthwhile to start your own Build thread section!
which you can more pic's to the mix.
LMK if you want me to move it there.  Z  :)

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,98.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Awesome...I'm guessing you got my email so let's tweak on it some more and finally get into the meth

I like your exhaust so do us a favor and do a startup with revving video please! I want to hear it
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

djxfactor

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 11, 2018, 10:29:30 AM
Awesome...I'm guessing you got my email so let's tweak on it some more and finally get into the meth

I like your exhaust so do us a favor and do a startup with revving video please! I want to hear it

Ask and you shall receive!  ;D  (Best heard with good headphones on or a sound system with a sub!!)

https://youtu.be/dimPfPQjcCY
2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.

djxfactor

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 11, 2018, 10:29:30 AM

And yes, got your email...looking forward to getting you a log this weekend and moving forward with my newly rediscovered power!!