• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Taurus SHO fwd? in a mid engine car

Started by Spyder3000gtvr4, January 10, 2018, 05:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyder3000gtvr4

Can a 2013 sho be used in fwd only reliably?
Ok not exactly sure if this is the right category as it could have gone into a few different spots. I called Livernois, they told me about a fwd drag sho. Found mo7ammed (probably spelt that wrong sorry) but here's my story.
I'm building a mid engine Lamborghini replica type car with a full custom tube chassis. It's set up for a longitudinal driveline. I always considered the f150 ecoboost with a6spd porsche or audi trans since I saw the pantera on gas monkey. Did some trolling and found a wrecked 2013 Taurus SHO non-pp with low miles for a great price. Granted it's not the f150 but I can selloff What I don't need and have the driveline/brakes/nav/gauges/wiring etc for free. So it got me thinking if I can use the SHO in fwd only in transverse just as it sits in the sho. Ideally want to be around 450hp/torque but need to know the auto trans will hold up?????
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

SilvererSHO

Quote from: Spyder3000gtvr4 on January 10, 2018, 05:22:18 PM
Can a 2013 sho be used in fwd only reliably?
Ok not exactly sure if this is the right category as it could have gone into a few different spots. I called Livernois, they told me about a fwd drag sho. Found mo7ammed (probably spelt that wrong sorry) but here's my story.
I'm building a mid engine Lamborghini replica type car with a full custom tube chassis. It's set up for a longitudinal driveline. I always considered the f150 ecoboost with a6spd porsche or audi trans since I saw the pantera on gas monkey. Did some trolling and found a wrecked 2013 Taurus SHO non-pp with low miles for a great price. Granted it's not the f150 but I can selloff What I don't need and have the driveline/brakes/nav/gauges/wiring etc for free. So it got me thinking if I can use the SHO in fwd only in transverse just as it sits in the sho. Ideally want to be around 450hp/torque but need to know the auto trans will hold up?????

No, you spelled it right.  He's posted about his FWD SHO here before:

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2823
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

SHOdded

Not sure on the exact details of how the conversion of the PTU was done, but if done correctly, the transmission should easily withstand the level of power you are looking for.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Spyder3000gtvr4

Thanks silver that's the thread I found him on and actually sent him a PM prior to making my post. I'm not sure of the details of his car... is it a drag car only, everyday driver etc. I read about what he did and his mods just would have to make sure I do it 100%! the right way. I have zero experience in the sho/ecoboost world. My other concern is I want to make sure it will hold up in the long run, especially if I add power to it with tires in the range of 325ish
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)