• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

XDI HPFP...any benefits on 93 pump only?

Started by Joeyfuzz911, January 09, 2018, 09:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeyfuzz911

Thinking about getting the XDI HPFP and having Brad dial it in for me.  Anyone know if it will gsin me more performance? I'm thinking that with not having to worry about fuel pressure hits from boost spikes like the stock one has issues with, I could run more boost and less throttle control. This is just on 93 only. I know an e30 tune it will greatly help.

I plan to get Matt Robinson's intercooler when he is done so that will help in the summer with lower iat2 temps which can help to keep KR down and the ability to run some good timing.  Upgraded turbos (not atp) are also in the plans.

Just mainly want to know if anyone has done the XDI HPFP upgrade or knows that adding it alone can net me some performance.

Thanks
2014 SHO nonpp, MDesign intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa catback, H&R springs, 170 tstat, 3 bar map sensor, matte black vinyl wrapped chrome trimming, smoke tinted tail lights, 20x9 +35 offset aftermarket wheels on 275/40 R20 Continental Extreme Contact Sports, Powerstop z23 brakes and drilled/slotted rotors, 35% tint, MSD coils, NGK 6510 gapped at 0.26 and AJPturbo 3 bar 93 tune.

12.82 @ 106.6mph w/ 1.82 60"

FoMoCoSHO

Joeyfuzz911

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 09, 2018, 10:00:00 PM
For gas or E85/blends?

Modified the post with that info.

93 pump....

I know e30 will benefit.
2014 SHO nonpp, MDesign intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa catback, H&R springs, 170 tstat, 3 bar map sensor, matte black vinyl wrapped chrome trimming, smoke tinted tail lights, 20x9 +35 offset aftermarket wheels on 275/40 R20 Continental Extreme Contact Sports, Powerstop z23 brakes and drilled/slotted rotors, 35% tint, MSD coils, NGK 6510 gapped at 0.26 and AJPturbo 3 bar 93 tune.

12.82 @ 106.6mph w/ 1.82 60"

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Joeyfuzz911 on January 09, 2018, 10:01:58 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 09, 2018, 10:00:00 PM
For gas or E85/blends?

Modified the post with that info.

93 pump....

I know e30 will benefit.
Without more octane I doubt you will get very far even with the new pump. Sure, you won't have to worry about spikes but 93 can only take so much....

Personally, I'd probably do meth before spending money on this hugely overpriced pump.

Meth has the secondary benefit of keeping your intake valves clean.

There is nothing wrong using the throttle to control the boost spikes, it is part of the OEM strategy.

I will say there is a huge difference in the feel of the throttle closures between the gens. Newest gen feels much more abrupt when the throttle shuts.

mattr66

Since you will be able to run more pressure, octane tolerence will be better.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: mattr66 on January 10, 2018, 12:48:50 PM
Since you will be able to run more pressure, octane tolerence will be better.
Right, but will it be 2 grand better?

Of course that will be a personal choice but I can see the possibility of buyers remorse.

Once you get past 15-16 psi on the tiny turbos IAT2 is going to rear its head and 93 doesn't tolerate high intake temps.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!