• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Police Interceptor centre caps

Started by 20ecoboost10, January 09, 2018, 09:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

20ecoboost10

I recently purchased some used Interceptor wheels and have a question for those that have them. When my centre caps are cliped on too the lug nuts there is a gap between the wheel and cap that is wider than what I was expecting. Can someone measure what gap they have or post a picture.
I have this style of centre caps

Thanks

2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost

ZSHO

There seems to be a gap within some of the caps IIRC!
Im hoping others will chime in!  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8613.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

GIGANTORE

Yup. Have them on mine too. It seems odd but is normal. Just make sure the gaps are even all the way around.

WhitePlatinumSHO

There are two types of caps available. The type shown in your photo are for Crown Vic's. They will work, but have a large gap when installed. The other type are the newer style that have a round lip. Still have a slight gap, but not as bad as the Crown Vic caps.
2016 Platinum White SHO
- Unleashed Tune & 3 Bar MAP

2010 Red Candy SHO - Gone but not forgotten
1997 Cobra Coupe - 659rwhp / 609rwtq

5ohSHO

Here is one of mine. I can stick my index finger in the gap.

PDSHO

Quote from: WhitePlatinumSHO on January 17, 2018, 01:28:45 PM
There are two types of caps available. The type shown in your photo are for Crown Vic's. They will work, but have a large gap when installed. The other type are the newer style that have a round lip. Still have a slight gap, but not as bad as the Crown Vic caps.

I have the newer style and they fit tightly to the wheel, they are pricey now compared to the old CV centers.
Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost