• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Just for fun idea - Ecoboost drivetrain swap into an older Ford car

Started by EcoPowerParts, August 11, 2013, 02:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash712us

Actually not a bad idea, being that it was made for a transversely mount engine. Where a fox body was not.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

shoman04

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 12, 2013, 07:30:05 PM
Hmm, cheap but would the engine fit under the hood?
I'll think about it.
Strut tower are only 2" shorter, wheel base is 3" shorter, total length 6" shorter. tubing out the front clip it should fix find. Told you I have been thinking about this for some time.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

EcoPowerParts

Sounds like a plan, just need to finish the flex first >:D

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

alotaboost

The Fox with the truck motor longitudinally with some suspension and slicks would be the easiest and probably fastest

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Stock..... For now

FaSSt9602

2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

arttyszka

Quote from: FaSSt9602 on August 12, 2013, 08:42:31 PM
^ this

Sent from my mobile gizmo
I'll third this idea.  A rwd Fox can easily go low 9's and high 8's with only minor suspension.  A good friend of mine has a '88 coupe with a big inch Windsor single turbo going 8.70's at 165 with surprisingly minimal chassis.  It's a well proven platform and cheap in comparison.  Here's a pic of the love of my life back in '94.  1.30 60 fts with just slicks and Lakewood bars, which are really outdated now.
2014 Explorer Sport
Lund Tuned | 170 t-stat | K&N Panel | H&R Springs | Coolbulbs.com HID's

adelsin

Did you learn anything from this? Was thinking about the same, but an f150 application.
2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

panther427

2013 SHO

futat2

2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

wasinger3000

I'd skip the awd and just go rwd. Or some how fit the 3.5 to a subaru awd system. Now that would be cool.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

painterpatt

I want to rwd and 5.0l my Flex. Hell they sell a bolt in kit to do it to a Focus!!
Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!