• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

where should i start with diag?

Started by dft1121, January 08, 2018, 12:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dft1121

I have a 2013 f150 limited and am experiencing a loss of boost pressure and turbo noise. I have recently began to notice that I have developed a negative ltft on bank 1 that load dependent will fluctuate between 10-18% It is 13% negative at idle. The other bank only goes about 3-8% negative. At around the same time I started to notice a high pitched squeel or whistle when boost climbs above 12ish psi. TIP DESD also outruns TIP ACTUAL under load with before it can catch up. Snow controller states under loads that are not WOT I can build about 16psi, which is 6psi drop from what I had before. WOT has steadily lost boost and now will only hold approx wastegate pressure (5-6psi). Intermittently getting a P0299 and P0035. truck has a turbo smart boy and factory bpv is still plugged in. I put in the BOV awhile back due to tear in bpv causing boost leak at wot. I have a stage 3 snow kit, but haven't ran it since noticed issues starting. Pcv is deleted and engine vented into a catch tank in front bumper. Basically stock otherwise, I dd truck and have very little time to work on it, so hopefully someone can start me in right area to help me get it fixed quickly. Thanks.
2013 Limited F150 4x4, OEM turbos with CRP billet compressor upgrade, Meth injection, PCV deleted and VC's vented to a custom blow by tank in bumper, Corsa exhaust, Turbosmart BOV, AEM drop in filter, tuned on SCT (93 and E30 +METH), leveled on 305 NT420's, DD
2016 Mustang GT, premium, Performance Pack, 6 speed, Lund Tuned on HP tuners
1995 Mustang GT, 347, AFR heads, custom nitrous roller cam, EFI, NX wet plate 175shot, Astro T5, stock suspension, 275 radials
1979 F250, 1970 460BB, DOVE-C heads, 850 holley, solid roller, long tubes, 10" suspension lift, trac bars, 4 speed, 42x15x15 TSL's
1989 Honda Crx HF, H22A1 swap, custom 4-2-1 header and test pipe, cable trans conversion, driveshaft shop axles, NX wet single nozzle 175 shot, trac bars, stripped, 1800#'s

AJP turbo

That's a huge LTFT value.....How many miles...You may have more than one thing going on...I would want to make sure that there are no exhaust leaks in front of the primary 02's that could cause fueling issues.

Then maybe change the primary 02 sensors so you know they are reading correctly.

You could have bad plugs or coils since they've been taxed from the tune and meth...I'm assuming you have a tune since you run meth..If the cylinders's aren't firing that would make things rich and cause the ECU to pull fuel.

You could have bad injectors staying open and causing a rich afr which would make the ECU pull fuel.

Maybe even bad turbos?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

dft1121

I think I found the problem. This is the ds compressor wheel. Haven't checked PS, but only one bank has the consistent negative fuel trim.
2013 Limited F150 4x4, OEM turbos with CRP billet compressor upgrade, Meth injection, PCV deleted and VC's vented to a custom blow by tank in bumper, Corsa exhaust, Turbosmart BOV, AEM drop in filter, tuned on SCT (93 and E30 +METH), leveled on 305 NT420's, DD
1995 Mustang GT, 347, AFR heads, custom nitrous roller cam, EFI, NX wet plate 175shot, Astro T5, stock suspension, 275 radials
1979 F250, 1970 460BB, DOVE-C heads, 850 holley, solid roller, long tubes, 10" suspension lift, trac bars, 4 speed, 42x15x15 TSL's
1989 Honda Crx HF, H22A1 swap, custom 4-2-1 header and test pipe, cable trans conversion, driveshaft shop axles, NX wet single nozzle 175 shot, trac bars, stripped, 1800#'s

AJP turbo

Wow ...not sure how that happens with using an air filter but I wouldn't be surprised if you have even more issues
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: dft1121 on January 08, 2018, 06:26:47 PM
I think I found the problem. This is the ds compressor wheel. Haven't checked PS, but only one bank has the consistent negative fuel trim.
Blade on right around the middle....what is that on the blade?

Is there a chunk of the center missing?

dft1121

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 08, 2018, 06:51:43 PM
Wow ...not sure how that happens with using an air filter but I wouldn't be surprised if you have even more issues
No idea. Other bank is ok . pulled plenum recent while maintenance and cleaning to look at valves. They were cleaner than any other vehicle I have seen with 70k+, I'm an auto tech so its had a lot to compare them with lol. I run method as a cleaner randomly and have had all pcv lines vented into a blow by tank I made for at least20k miles. every 5-7k I have regularly changed oil with t6 and MC500s filter, I also change air filter with an o.e. and gap and clean/replace plugs. I try to regularly drop and clean Cac and changed coil boots around 15k ago. Always 93 from shell/Exxon/bp. I've had truck for 35k miles and have had tuned for all of it. Engine runs awesome I've never had any issues until this. I probably got something in when I pulled plenum

SHOdded

Is T6 available in 5W30?  I thought it was 0 & 5W40?  I know panther is (or was) running the 40, but very rarely do people go high on the EB, what with the variable timing components & all.
http://rotella.shell.com/products/t6-full-synthetic.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!