• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Did hpfp cover ever change ?

Started by Ramairetransam, January 08, 2018, 08:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramairetransam

Engine was replaced in a 14 mks eb , it cam back with no hpfp cover ,dealer said it doesn't fit anymore the line routing was changed . Can anyone confirm this , i think they dont want to order a new one and lost the other .

Also they said the engine was tuned, it was flashed with a stock tune days before it went it . They cannot tell what was on the car before it was flashed stock can they ? They can only see key on amounts that are less than 10 or close to that ?
13 Mks Ecoboost

TopherSho

Quote from: Ramairetransam on January 08, 2018, 08:42:06 AM
Engine was replaced in a 14 mks eb , it cam back with no hpfp cover ,dealer said it doesn't fit anymore the line routing was changed . Can anyone confirm this , i think they dont want to order a new one and lost the other .

Also they said the engine was tuned, it was flashed with a stock tune days before it went it . They cannot tell what was on the car before it was flashed stock can they ? They can only see key on amounts that are less than 10 or close to that ?

I think there is a flash count.  and if you have flashed it a dozen times its not hard to 'guess'.  especially with the popularity of tuning these rigs. 

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

bpd1151

If you're talking about that circular foam cover that surrounds the HPFP, leave it off.

It was designed simply for noise suppression, but it also acts as a heat sink and that pump needs the heat to dissipate.

A very trusted SHO owner told me the same thing years ago, and haven't looked back ever since. I wouldn't worry about it.

Worse that will occur is you hear the (slight) ticking from the pump. Big deal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ZSHO

X2 with bpd1151! I would not worry to much about that small foam piece cover as it can be had for fairly cheap if needed!
I don't think a new long block comes with that foam piece IIRC! 
Here's a most recent discussion below!  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2676.30.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Ramairetransam

Quote from: bpd1151 on January 09, 2018, 01:52:19 AM
If you're talking about that circular foam cover that surrounds the HPFP, leave it off.

It was designed simply for noise suppression, but it also acts as a heat sink and that pump needs the heat to dissipate.

A very trusted SHO owner told me the same thing years ago, and haven't looked back ever since. I wouldn't worry about it.

Worse that will occur is you hear the (slight) ticking from the pump. Big deal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

a flash count is no good then . anyone else care to elaborate
13 Mks Ecoboost

J-Will

Quote from: SHOdded on January 09, 2018, 06:54:50 AM
Anybody dynamat the hood instead?

I'd like a better hood insulator option.  One that looks better and is easier to clean.  Perhaps even something similar to the engine cover that looks good on the outside, but the underside has the insulation. 

On that note- I'd also like a better engine cover option to match the better hood insulator option ;)
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap