• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Alternate charge pipes / connecting tube / sexaphone

Started by MKspool, January 07, 2018, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

Colorado-SHOBro

definitely interested to see side by side pics! the heat wrap alone isn't much of a selling point but if they do have less restrictive design that would be cool. can you compare just by looking at the new set if there are less harsh curves and crushes than your oem pipes z?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

ZSHO

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on January 23, 2018, 10:10:25 PM
definitely interested to see side by side pics! the heat wrap alone isn't much of a selling point but if they do have less restrictive design that would be cool. can you compare just by looking at the new set if there are less harsh curves and crushes than your oem pipes z?

I will certainly take look tomorrow as curiosity kills!  Z
BTW Cool Avatar!  :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: ZSHO on January 23, 2018, 10:36:54 PM
Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on January 23, 2018, 10:10:25 PM

I will certainly take look tomorrow as curiosity kills!  Z
BTW Cool Avatar!  :thumb:
thanks for noticing! keep us informed

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

ZSHO

So far no difference! It's just to darn cold out!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Sorry for the delay! but the Hose that connects towards the rear Turbo is giving me hard time since its buried all the way on the back,bottom of the firewall!  >:(
It also started raining now!  Z 

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Here are some pics for comparison as promised and the only difference is where the Saxophone splits and divides as highlighted in RED Below!

I would also add unless your Charge pipe is cracked its NOT worth the Headaches and fustation of the install which can be a PITA to say the least!  Z

Colorado-SHOBro

so there's no perceived difference other than the heat wrap?

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

ZSHO

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on January 29, 2018, 01:56:41 PM
so there's no perceived difference other than the heat wrap?

The only minor difference is where the Saxophone splits up and IMHO Not worth paying close to $70.00 for a piece of reflective heat tape unless your Charge pipe is cracked as noted above! 
I was hoping to have some better news but unfortunately it is what it is!  Z

FoMoCoSHO

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO link=t :wounded:pic=8744.msg132599#msg132599 date=1517276035
Z burns cash so we don't have to...
I don't mind spending the $$$ in order to keep the ecoboost community up to speed! But honestly there's so much my back can take!  Z  :wounded:   

ZSHO

Here are a couple of PICS of the TURBO INLET TO CAC(INTERCOOLER)! 

Mike.B www.ecopowerparts.com silicone hose with HD -T-Bolt clamps can also be seen from up TOP!  Z   :)

tothiel

The hard plastic ring on my OEM pipe was cracked so this just saved me $70 :)

Not too hard to replace as long as you remove your hot pipes first.
'14 SHO - PPE Hot Pipes - 3 Bar MAP - Gearhead Tune - SP542 plugs - MSD Coils - Reische 170 Tstat - MDesign CAI

ZSHO

Quote from: tothiel on February 06, 2018, 09:37:18 AM
The hard plastic ring on my OEM pipe was cracked so this just saved me $70 :)

Not too hard to replace as long as you remove your hot pipes first.
If it wasn't for the Nipple being so close to the connector you can add a 2" Hose and call it a day!  Z