• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Alternate charge pipes / connecting tube / sexaphone

Started by MKspool, January 07, 2018, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKspool

Taurus / mks / flex / mkt use Connector Tube - Ford (EB5Z-9R530-c)

explorer sport / interceptor use this Connector Tube - Ford (EB5Z-9R530-A)

The interceptor charge pipes are a revised version of the charge pipes / turbo fresh air inlet / connector tube. The pipes molding, and molding path are smoother and more robust with less kinks and indents on the tube. It also has heat reflecting tape towards the front turbo entrance to reflect the heat from the transmission sump. They are also a $100 cheaper than the pipes that are recommended. So if anyone has leaks or cracks i recommend getting the explorer tube over the sedans. Fits exactly as the stock and I bet there is quite a few more heavy duty and revised parts that can be swapped directly with little to no modification from the explorer/interceptor builds.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-connector-tube-aa5z9r530c

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-connector-tube-eb5z9r530a

2014 MKS | 3 bar 93p Torrie tuned | Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ |

ZSHO

I appreciate you sharing your findings! I know there are many parts that are indeed interchangeable with supersessions on the ecoboost platform! 
Do you have anymore pics to share?  Thanks!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Macgyver

Quote from: MKspool on January 07, 2018, 10:43:33 PM
Taurus / mks / flex / mkt use Connector Tube - Ford (EB5Z-9R530-c)

explorer sport / interceptor use this Connector Tube - Ford (EB5Z-9R530-A)

The interceptor charge pipes are a revised version of the charge pipes / turbo fresh air inlet / connector tube. The pipes molding, and molding path are smoother and more robust with less kinks and indents on the tube. It also has heat reflecting tape towards the front turbo entrance to reflect the heat from the transmission sump. They are also a $100 cheaper than the pipes that are recommended. So if anyone has leaks or cracks i recommend getting the explorer tube over the sedans. Fits exactly as the stock and I bet there is quite a few more heavy duty and revised parts that can be swapped directly with little to no modification from the explorer/interceptor builds.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-connector-tube-aa5z9r530c

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-connector-tube-eb5z9r530a

Interesting. So basically you can get better quality/build and not go Aftermarket and Ford will never know per say.

Agentlongwood

That's actually pretty fascinating.  Do you have any side by side pictures of both tubes?  The diagrams in the links show the tubes being identical.  Definitely cheaper though!  I definitely want to see how much smoother and less bent the interceptor pipes are.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

ZSHO

I placed the order through www.tascaparts.com as they had the best price with shipping for $78.63.
I will provide my initial impressions once complete!
BTW the Topic made me laugh though! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Sweet!  That head bonk is making you do things ... for US!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I don't want to hijack the OP Thread but has anyone changed the lower Duct Hose?
It might be beneficial to change the Lower Duct Hose while in the intermediate area,especially it being prone to high heat in back of the firewall!  Z

$21.30  Ford
Part Number:   DG1Z-9R530-A
Lower Duct

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-lower-duct-dg1z9r530a/?c=Zz1lbmdpbmUmcz1haXItaW50YWtlJmk9S0QwOTIwMTUmcj0xMyZhPWZvcmQmbz10YXVydXMmeT0yMDEzJnQ9c2hvJmU9My01bC12Ni1nYXM%3D

Highlighted in RED

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on January 14, 2018, 08:00:27 AM
Sweet!  That head bonk is making you do things ... for US!
It was indeed a wake-up call to say the least! Dunno! Z

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

FYI-Update! I received an email from tpc@tasca.com. today and it appears the Charge Pipes are on special order and hopefully will be here soon. 
I will make sure to keep you updated once installed with side by side PICS for comparison!  Z  :)

Dear Z

You'll be happy to know that your order is being processed and should be on its way to you soon!

We're just waiting to receive one or more items from your shopping cart that required special ordering; as soon as those arrive at our warehouse (in about three to five business days), your order will be shipped to you.

When you get your order depends on where you are located in relation to us (we're on the east coast of the United States, in Rhode Island) and the shipping method that you selected. If you still have questions about shipping and delivery, please visit our website: http://www.tascaparts.com/shipping-policy.

Need to speak to someone about your order?
This email is unmonitored, so please do not reply to it. If you need to speak to someone about your order, please email us at tpc@tasca.com.

Thank you for your business!

Kind Regards,
Deb

SHOdded

ZSHO

FYI- UPDATE Received a courteous email from Tasca and the charge pipe should be here tomorrow for anyone interested with plenty of pics to share!
BTW Don't mean to Hi-jack the OP Thread by any means!  Z

ZSHO

I just received the Charge Pipe Sexaphone Tube late today and as Duly noted by the OP (MKspool) which has not been active since his original post it does have a Heat reflecting tape towards the front turbo plus it does come with hose clamps with the exception of one towards the rear Turbo and seems to be more robust compared to the OEM Unit and a quality piece IMHO!

I guess after further analysis will have take extra precaution upon install,removal due to the Direct port setup and check valve solenoid!  Z

I'm hoping to have some time this week to install it including some side by side Pics for comparison as mentioned above with some Blistering PICS to SHO!!!
"HOW TO" ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!.  Z

bpd1151

What is a "sex" a phone?

Or do I dare ask? LOL

Z's got himself some kinky toys it would appear.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on January 23, 2018, 07:11:23 PM
What is a "sex" a phone?

Or do I dare ask? LOL

Z's got himself some kinky toys it would appear.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah Yeah yeah! Lol I'm trying to liven up the mood a bit pertaining to the Topic posted by the OP that's all ! Z   ;)