• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Turbo noise and billet compressor wheels

Started by Kingsped, January 04, 2018, 09:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingsped

The new ones do,t look like they made any contact but i only ran it about 2 or 3 miles before i parked it and took em back off.
That was my thought .
I will wait until i buy the nrw shafts next week before i put em back on.
I found 2 used charger from a junk yard in detroit mi for $45.00 each so we will se if thoes are on better condition than mine we're.
Im still hoping that i can get some aftermarket turbine shafts though fords turbos suck

ddlopes

Have you called Turbo Direct for the shafts?
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

Kingsped

I've called everywhere and in every country and every website.
No one has em the same exact size ect.
I can find larger and smaller.
And less blades and more blades.
I guess i could have the housing machined for the larger size
Some are just .5mm smaller inducer and exducer but would fit the CHRA
And some are .5mm larger so it won't fit unless its machined.

I have no idea what a smaller one will do as far as boost.

I have a few shops looking into finding them

I am getting some used shafts for $75.00 for both so ill see how that works out.
I also found out that i can buy basicly the same size  turbine and compressor wheels as any after market upgrade.
Buy a gt15 rebuild kit and have the housing machined and all balanced for a fraction of the cost of other known upgrades.
Ive priced it a out very thoroughly.
Although some parts are made in china
And im sure there are some other things im missing that are important .
But in Theory it could be done cheaper than buying them upgraded especially if you have a hook up at a machine shop with the proper experience and equipment.
Ebay has lots of used ones for $175.00 each so i may just buy complete used ones while i atempt to build my own UPGRADE with the help of my local turbo shop and my cousin who claims he can machine out my old housings for free. ( i dont think he has ever done it)
Im thinking i have nothing to loose if i already have a working pair of stock turbos .
I May be way wrong because I am a noob.
Im sure it's my lack of turbo knowledge that may have caused my rebuild with the billet wheels to go south.
There was obvious damage on the turbine side where the piston rings go they were pretty much welded right down into the shafts and were almost impossible to get out .

ddlopes

That sucks.... hopefully the used shafts are in good shape.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

Kingsped

Colorado-SHOBro

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.