• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

CR Performance Billet Compressor wheels

Started by ddlopes, December 30, 2017, 06:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingsped

Yeah i would to.
I just ENJOY this stuff man and it cost me more down time than money..
The rebuild is pretty straight forward.
I was un lucky and had damaged shafts from the get go but tried to re install anyways..
I am having a second set of full custom one of a kind turbos built as we speak .
I should be putin thoes on in june though.
If it all is goid i will start another post detailing exactly what parts i used ect,ect.
The custom one's are about 75% cheaper than the ATP set up so im keeping my fingers crossed..

TripleFlexxx

Hello everyone new EB flex owner here just wanted to clarify a few things on this thread as I do have bit of turbo experience.  (Worked for a Garrett Master distributor for 8 years)  Sorry Kingsped I replied on the Flex forum before I saw you posted on here too. 

1. As far as Kingspeds noise issues, those all stem completely from his turbos being waaaayy too damaged from the start for a standard rebuild.  Also you said YOU did the rebuild but then you said "the shop" had trouble with the turbine?   I hope it was a normal mechanic shop that failed to spot the turbines damage and not a turbo shop.

2. This kit is identical to what EcoPower is offering, maybe just sourcing parts elsewhere, or maybe not.  But do realize they are essentially charging about $650 for each rotating assembly which isn't bad considering the price of the billet wheels and the fact that it comes as a ready to drop in cartridge.  As J-Will mentioned this would be best suited for someone needing to rebuild stockers (in better shape than Kingsped) as the rebuild/upgrade itself would not net much gains to justify doing to good working turbos. Really the biggest gain from this package would be the Turbosmart actuators. 

3. This is not comparable in any way really to the ATP turbos.  Those things are considerably bigger in every aspect performance wise.