• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

CR Performance Billet Compressor wheels

Started by ddlopes, December 30, 2017, 06:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

Has anyone heard about CR Performance out of Canada? They're on the F150 forum informing members they make billet compressor wheels for the ecoboost platforms. They offer a setup for the SHO for $189 plus shipping. Something to think about if your in the market for upgraded compressor wheels.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ddlopes

2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

Kingsped

Yes i just installed a set i got the rebuild kit with wheels.
Rebuild my self was easy.
You must get them balanced.
I do however have some noise that is new its like a whoosh/ping  sound and i belive i might have a boost leak after reinstalling them.
Its not a engine problem for sure I can clearly tell its one of my turbos.
It could have a balance issues or maybe I messed up and didn't prime the turbos enough at first.

The owner is awsom and is very helpful.
I would buy them again and eill for my SHO when I get this odd noise figured out with my FLEX first.

I can say my car runs way way way way better than before but it did have very very bad Turbos to begin with.

My car will launch so hard now it breaks all 4 tires loise 1st 2nd easy.
Im just not digging the strange sound im getting.

Does your car have any in cabin sound as it is now from tne Turbos ?

Im trying to add pics but cant figure it out???

Kingsped

Sorry for all the typos.
My phone screen is a bit broke.
It looks like my pics went thats good.

SHOdded

CR Performance Billet Flank Milled Upgrade Compressor Wheels & Rebuild Kit for the Ford Taurus SHO, Flex, Explorer 3.5L EcoBoost
Comes with a set of both Right Bank and Left Bank Billet Performance Compressor Wheels & Rebuild Kits as shown.

Application: 3.5L EcoBoost Transverse Engine Mounted Models using 790317-0006 & 790318-0008 Turbochargers

2010-2016  3.5L V6 EcoBoost Ford Taurus SHO
2010-2016  3.5L V6 EcoBoost Ford Explorer
2010-2016  3.5L V6 EcoBoost Ford Flex
2010-2016  3.5L / 3.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford Police Interceptor Sedan / Utility
2010-2016  3.5L V6 Lincoln MKS / MKT

Turbo Model: 790317-0006 & 790318-0008 / AA5E-96438-GE & AA5E-6K682-BH / AA5Z-6K682-E & AA5Z-6K682-F
Blades: 6+6 Forward Rotation
Inducer: 36.3mm
Exducer: Base 49mm Extended Tip 52.2mm
Blade Height: 20.7mm
Bore: 5.08mm Thr

These Compressor wheels offer the following advanced features.

Modern Extended Tip Technology - Increasing capable boost pressures and increasing surge margin, therefore reducing surge. Provides typically in the range of 4-8 lb boost increase.
High Flow Design - Slim hub/nose design and advanced blade design provides a higher flow at compressor choke and through the entire operating range. Higher blade heights give proven higher performance.
Fast Spool Times - Weighing in at 27 grams these compressor wheels are ready to spool fast.
Stock Housing Fitment - No compressor housing modifications required.
Higher Performance Modern Design - Out performs stock with a larger extended tip exducer and higher blade height over stock.

The Included Rebuild Kit comes as shown with the following for each turbocharger
- 360 Degree Thrust Bearing
- 360 Thrust Collar
- 360 Thrust Spacers
- Journal Bearings
- Journal Bearing locating pin
- Turbine End Piston Ring
- Compressor End Piston Ring
- Compressor Lock Nut
- Upgrade High Temperature Seal Plate O Ring (Note not shown in photo but will be included in kit)
- Compressor Cover O Ring Seal
- Waste gate Actuator Clip
- 4x Seal Plate Bolts
- 6x Compressor Cover Housing Bolts
- 6x Stainless Hex Bolts

All our compressor wheels are single plane balanced right out of the box however we recommend a full rotating assembly balancing, please have your installer balance the assembly or contact us as we offer a full balancing service if you send us your turbine.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J-Will

I like it, and guess if you ever need to rebuild your stockers then this is a great option.  But I'd need to see numbers before doing this to a set of perfectly good stockers before being able to justify the work involved. 
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

Kingsped

It took me about 2.5 hrs to remove both Turbos laying on my back in a cold garage.

ddlopes

They definitely seem to be a good deal. I initially saw them on a F150 forum. Not sure what the noise is that your experiencing. That would have me concerned. But good to know your seeing a performance gain with them. I'm in the market for a set of billet compressor wheels. I'd like to get the wheels from EcoPowerParts but they're $600 and these CR Performance wheels are only $205 shipped. But that noise your hearing makes me wonder if there's an issue with their setup.

Kingsped

To be 100% honest i dont belive its the CR parts.
My turbos were pretty smoked the piston rings seals were basically welded to the turbine shafts.
The shop had a hell of a time getting them out to replace them.
I belive the turbine shafts are just toast.
Even though they got balanced i think its just not perfectly round especially the turbine side were the seal goes.
Funny thing is i have zero oil blow by no smoke and super great performance.
Also my tune could be off for them also.
I am in the process of looking for new turbine shafts that will be a direct fit to stock parts.
Im havin a hell of a time though but i belive i will find them .
Someone must know what will work AS far as the turbine shafts and bearings that go in it????

Anybody know what will fit without having the housings machined?
Can we use a different exducer and inducer on the turbine side .
It would not bother me to get even faster spool but not sure if the car would like it .
I never do over 90 on public streets never and if i do it very rare.
I like the launch better than top end.
What size journal bearings would i need if i wanted to go to a larger size so i can have my factory shafts fixed ?

I cant belive there is so little info on the turbos and why cant we get a turbine shafts for em??

Bottom line im convinced the problem is user error or the shafts.
I recommend the BILLET wheels for sure.
For all i know i smoked the bearing when i started the car but i did pull the coils and pre primed them.
I also used a turkey baster full of mobil 1 to fill the turbo oil lines when i installed them .

lamrith

EDIT:  I see this is wheels only.  I was thinking CHRA for some reason.  DOH
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ddlopes

Contact Turbo Direct he should be able to help you with the shafts. He sells and installs upgraded wheels and center sections for the SHO... He's a good guy... call him

Kingsped

Hey man good looking out .
That the type of stuff i wanna hear.
Thanks for that.
I do belive thats most of my issues.
Ill call them for sure.

Do you know if our turbos are K03's?
Im also thinking that i may have the vacuum lines for the turbo bypass solenoid in the wrong spots.
I broke one of the nipples off and just took it off and replaced it without even thinking about it.

Can anybody tell me what hose goes where or take a clear pic of it.
Thanks in advance for everybody's help and comments.

ddlopes

If he can't help u call Dan at Deiselsite... he's a Garrett distributor

Kingsped

ddlopes

No problem... I'm very interested to see what the cause of the noise is... keep us informed...thanks