• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New struts. PP or Non PP?

Started by kinder, December 29, 2017, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

@- Kinder as mentioned earlier verified,cross-referenced the correct part numbers above and even confirmed the actual part numbers with Ford Dealer!
I also went a step further and matched up the original Struts with the new Struts for verification purposes!
I admit the part numbers can be very confusing but this is based from my very own personal experience and simply trying to help you out!
If you have any doubts then be my guest and order the parts that you think are correct!
Best of luck!  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8310.45.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

kinder

Not trying to argue with you Z. Just saw the post and it didn't match up to my research. I'm going to confirm with my dealer today as well.

I'd rather be wrong and have to return my order to get correct parts. ;)
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

ZSHO

Quote from: kinder on January 03, 2018, 12:28:25 PM
Not trying to argue with you Z. Just saw the post and it didn't match up to my research. I'm going to confirm with my dealer today as well.

No worries! Its all good!   :)
Its sometimes hard to distinguish emotions through Text!   
If you go under www.fordparts.com it will only show you (Two) specific Struts tailored to your vehicle Specs based on the vin number provided and then simply cross-reference the parts !

The other sites will provide you with (four) different Stuts available for your vehicle ultimately making the decision that more confusing with different SHO Package versions available plus with painted or non painted calipers!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

kinder

Like I said, I'd rather be wrong and get the right parts.

Z is correct. The U/W designations are for the PP set up. The confusion seems to be here in Canada the SHO package 1 is the PP package (or so the ford rep said) but in the USA pkg 1 is the lane assist package which means non PP.

Thanks for sharing the post and challenging my findings Z. I would have ended up not enjoying the ride. :)

Quote from: ZSHO on January 03, 2018, 12:59:05 PM
Quote from: kinder on January 03, 2018, 12:28:25 PM

No worries! Its all good!  Its sometimes hard to distinguish emotions through Text!   :)
If you go under www.fordparts.com it will only show you one specific Strut tailored to your vehicle Specs based on the vin number provided and then cross-reference the parts !

The other sites will provide you with four different Stuts available for your vehicle making the decision more confusing to say the least!  Z
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

ZSHO

Quote from: lamrith on January 03, 2018, 01:07:12 PM
So since the discussion is here about pp /nonpp and H&R springs..

I have  '13 PP, stock height.  I have been wanting to lower it.  But honestly the PP already rides on the firm side, roads here are terrible in terms of cracks, surface rough etc on my daily commute.

I have avoided lower springs as I know I will not like any more firm a ride.  What I am wondering is if I do the springs and go with the NON PP shocks/struts, maybe it will balance out, stiffer springs, but softer shocks to offset?  Anyone done this?  thoughts?
I moved your post here!   Z  :)
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8731.msg131086/topicseen.html#new

avidmotion

I have a 13 with PP, Shodded parts for PP are the ones I used:
Front LH -MOTORCRAFT AST12321 Struts                               
Front RH- MOTORCRAFT AST12323 Struts
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

Quote from: avidmotion on January 08, 2018, 06:10:54 PM
Pm sent!  Z

Leadfoot

Quote from: avidmotion on January 08, 2018, 06:10:54 PM

Those are definitely the PP struts, and the same p/n from Rock Auto.
Replaced mine and the ride is stiffer! the part numbers on the struts are different from the non PP to the PP, here's the left side:
Non PP: DG13 18K001  1A15929-B  121116A  LD
PP         DG13 18K001  1A17731-B   171122B PE
2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.