• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

-13F = No Likey....

Started by SilvererSHO, December 27, 2017, 12:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: jbrown9999 on March 20, 2018, 05:39:35 PM
short of letting air out of my tire to test, how can i tell if my tpms sensors are working or not?
I got a warning message on mine.

IIRC I used Torque to figure out the location.

When I bought winter wheels I thought I might have issues since they came off a different brand car but all I had to do was swap the wheels and it worked without issue.

jbrown9999

I should get a dashboard idiot light if it doesn't connect to the tires right?  So, without that, and knowing the first time I put them on they were configured, why doesn't my damn key fob work?!
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

ZSHO

Quote from: jbrown9999 on March 21, 2018, 04:33:03 PM
I should get a dashboard idiot light if it doesn't connect to the tires right?  So, without that, and knowing the first time I put them on they were configured, why doesn't my damn key fob work?!
Try it on another key fob! Battery up to par!
The key fob might need to be programmed. Dunno.  Z

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/ford_content/catalog/accessory_files/Ford%20Programming%20Instructions.pdf

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SilvererSHO

Quote from: jbrown9999 on March 21, 2018, 04:33:03 PM

FWIW, My dashlight stays off for 30+ miles every morning before it comes on and I know for a fact that the TPMS sensors I have on my winter tires/rims are wrong for my car.  The steelie rims are off a '16? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor that I thought would be a direct match for my car but they are not.  I can't remember what year but they changed them. My summer tires with working TPMS sensors are in the same garage that I park my vehicle in so that may be why the idiot light on the dash stays off for so long.  It doesn't stay off that long on my commute home.  I'm assuming the summer tires in the corner of my garage lose connection with my car as I'm backing away from my closing garage door so you'd think the idiot light would come on by the time I'm at the end of my driveway every morning.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

jbrown9999

Well, I never get the idiot like, which tells me my TPMS are working, but for some reason the key fob Windows down/moonroof open; does not.

That's all.  I'm not super pressed but I'd like all the stuff on the car to actually work.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod