• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

-13F = No Likey....

Started by SilvererSHO, December 27, 2017, 12:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on December 28, 2017, 08:03:26 AM
You service the battery regularly, right, Z?  What is your secret routine?
Yes sir! I believe nothing is maintenance free and will require some form of preventative maintenance and can call it my annual inspection!
I usually add roughly a pint of distilled water right before the cold winter months for good measures. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SilvererSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on December 28, 2017, 07:15:55 AM
Since having the MC-650 battery replaced under warranty have the updated MC BXT-65-850 for three years now and has served me quite well considering the SHO has been my DD!!
The Motorcraft BXT-65-750 is another worthy contender since primarily offered on the PI platform with all its gadgets to protect and serve should be considered!  Z

I think daily drivers are easier on batteries than cars that are only driven a few days a month.  Over the years, I've replaced very few batteries in vehicles that I drive on a consistent basis.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

ZSHO

Quote from: SilvererSHO on December 28, 2017, 10:27:12 AM
Since having the MC-650 battery replaced under warranty have the updated MC BXT-65-850 for three years now and has served me quite well considering the SHO has been my DD!!
The Motorcraft BXT-65-750 is another worthy contender since primarily offered on the PI platform with all its gadgets to protect and serve should be considered!  Z

I think daily drivers are easier on batteries than cars that are only driven a few days a month.  Over the years, I've replaced very few batteries in vehicles that I drive on a consistent basis.
That all depends on the driving characteristics! 
I tend to drive my SHO everyday locally with frequent key on/off short trip intervals per day which can ultimately take a toll on the Battery IMO!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

Funny all this talk of batteries, etc.

Even though I have my SHO plugged in, in the garage, went out this morning to fire her up, and dead. Dead dead dead.

Surprised, I was wondering how old my "new" Motorcraft Tough MAX BTX-65-850 battery is/was..... much to my surprise, 4.5yrs has already passed since I purchased that replacement for the factory 650 that crapped out on me, back in 2013.

Man time flies. Geezuz. Here I was hopeful I was still under the 3yr / 36 mo. warranty. Nope. No dice. Not even close. Oh well.

So I paid $119.95 back in early 2013, and was happy to have ordered (another) new one, and got away with $139.95 almost 5yrs later. So a $20 increase not to shabby.

Picking it up tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SilvererSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on December 28, 2017, 12:55:14 PM
Quote from: SilvererSHO on December 28, 2017, 10:27:12 AM

That all depends on the driving characteristics! 
I tend to drive my SHO everyday locally with frequent key on/off short trip intervals per day which can ultimately take a toll on the Battery IMO!  Z

And I do just the opposite with my daily drivers.

jbrown9999

So, had no idea about the key fob window/moonroof thing and I just went and tried...no joy.  I even tried it after doing a remote start...still no dice.  When through the Synch config, never saw it in there either.

What am I missing?
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

ZSHO

Quote from: jbrown9999 on March 16, 2018, 08:20:02 PM
So, had no idea about the key fob window/moonroof thing and I just went and tried...no joy.  I even tried it after doing a remote start...still no dice.  When through the Synch config, never saw it in there either.

What am I missing?
Stock wheels ? TPMS active!  Z

jbrown9999

Actually, not stock wheels but they do have TPMS sensors in them.  What does that have to do with key fob window function?

ZSHO

Quote from: jbrown9999 on March 16, 2018, 10:35:10 PM
Actually, not stock wheels but they do have TPMS sensors in them.  What does that have to do with key fob window function?
If the TPMS are not functioning correctly it can cause intermittent issues with the remote features...did it ever work before?  Z

jbrown9999

Well, s***...maybe when they switched my winter tires in without activating TPMS again.  I'll have to try that tomorrow.

SilvererSHO

Quote from: jbrown9999 on March 19, 2018, 11:14:44 PM
Well, s***...maybe when they switched my winter tires in without activating TPMS again.  I'll have to try that tomorrow.

Mine did it to me without the TPMS sensors in my winter tires working (I'm the OP).  I've inadvertently opened the windows and sunroof twice now.

jbrown9999

short of letting air out of my tire to test, how can i tell if my tpms sensors are working or not?

SHOdded

Should have PIDs to monitor, no?  Either your tuner or Torque Pro ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SilvererSHO

Quote from: jbrown9999 on March 20, 2018, 05:39:35 PM
short of letting air out of my tire to test, how can i tell if my tpms sensors are working or not?

If you find a quiet enough place to do it (which seems to be the hardest part) you can turn on the ignition and run to one of the tires.  Get down on your hands and knees and put your ear right on the tire in the location of the TPMS.  You only have 3 seconds so you have to be pretty quick about it.  You MIGHT have to turn the ignition on while you're on your hands and knees and then crawl to the tire if you're not quick on your feet.  You'll hear short buzzes, followed by a steady buzz and then silence if they're working and short buzzes and then silence if they are not working.  You never hear the steady buzz if they're not connecting.

When you get done with the diagnosis give me a call and I'll swing by to take you snipe hunting.