• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

6 Issues Plaguing the 2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD – The Lincoln Lost Its Luster

Started by 14SHOCAR, December 22, 2017, 05:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Hello all --

I am finally able to make public my latest video on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD. I've had this video on my channel for a while, and I'm excited to get it out to the public. I truly hope I can help someone with similar issues in finding a resolution. Its a LONG video, and my final thoughts are pretty much my favorite part of any video I've done.

I hope you enjoy my new format, and the content in the video.

Items Discussed:

• 2017 Lincoln MKZ Brake Squeal
  • 2017 Lincoln MKZ HVAC Issue
  • 2017 Lincoln MKZ Headlight Condensation Issue
  • Michelin Primacy Tire Blowout Issue
  • 2017 Lincoln MKZ Domelight Issue
  • 2017 Lincoln MKZ Limp mode / airbag disabling

Here is the video for everyone --
https://youtu.be/xH7H7VU5JzA

Enjoy!
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

14SHOCAR

Oh one more comment about the video -- check out 6:00 minutes I show an MKX going into some sort of HVAC test mode.

15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

pmezo33

Good video.  Well done.  Good looking car, but sounds like you got a complete lemon.  Not my experience with Lincolns, but I'd be extremely pissed off if I were in your position with that car.

14SHOCAR

Quote from: pmezo33 on December 22, 2017, 07:39:48 PM
Good video.  Well done.  Good looking car, but sounds like you got a complete lemon. 

Thank you! -- Some of these issues were in fact "a fluke" while others like the brake squealing and dome light, I've been contacted by people asking how I got them fixed. I'm just hoping that this helps people.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

14SHOCAR

Ohhhhhh the Irony in this ad before my video. lol Merry Christmas everyone!

14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!