• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What’s this camera for?

Started by GIGANTORE, December 19, 2017, 10:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIGANTORE

Noticed it as I was walking up to the car. Looks to be a camera inside my rear view mirror housing, pointing straight ahead. Is this for adaptive cruise that I don't have ? (PP)

ZSHO

It's a rain sensor built in for the wipers plus partial (Defrost)+ Heater.
I guess you can call it a (courtesy wipe)  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Macgyver

LOL Courtesy wipe. Is that like a courtesy Flush?

On that note. What mid level front and rear dash cam is a good choice nowadays? There are so many. $100ish price range.

dubcitySHO

Does it control the auto high beams as well?  I was under the impression it did, but like with many other things, I could be completely wrong.
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

Agentlongwood

Quote from: GIGANTORE on December 19, 2017, 10:25:31 PM
Noticed it as I was walking up to the car. Looks to be a camera inside my rear view mirror housing, pointing straight ahead. Is this for adaptive cruise that I don't have ? (PP)

Negative.  Adaptive cruise control uses a radar senor in the front bumper area.  It goes in the same place as one of the PP coolers, which is why you can't get both. 

That camera in the mirror housing controls the lane keeping assist/lane departure warning system, as well as automatic wipers, and automatic headlights.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

derfdog15

There is also a light sensor on the dash that aids in the auto headlight in conjunction with the camera
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: dubcitySHO on December 20, 2017, 07:21:04 AM
Does it control the auto high beams as well?  I was under the impression it did, but like with many other things, I could be completely wrong.
Yup. Z  :)

NoCallNoSHO

Has anyone ever added the dash cam kit that replaces the housing? I've only seen them on alibaba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 SHO nonPP - LMS v11 91 Octane Tune | Intake | Gapped plugs | Thermostat | De-badged | SE "Taurus" Fender badges | Summer & Winter Wheels | Someday Vlogger "My wife doesn't KNO I drive a SHO"