• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

couple quick races

Started by luckythirteen13, December 15, 2017, 02:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

Nice.  The third video says its a TT V6 Camaro.  Is that supposed to say single turbo 4 cyl Camaro?  Or NA V6?  I didn't think Chevy made a twin turbo V6.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

Macgyver

All these darn illegals oh wait or is it Legals.......I am confused. LOL

luckythirteen13

Quote from: Agentlongwood on December 15, 2017, 03:15:56 PM
Nice.  The third video says its a TT V6 Camaro.  Is that supposed to say single turbo 4 cyl Camaro?  Or NA V6?  I didn't think Chevy made a twin turbo V6.

It's not a factory turbo car.  Me and the cameraman in that video installed a TT kit on the car.  The owner of the car is driving it.  After the install and tune we went out and tested it and that's what you see on video

Agentlongwood

Quote from: luckythirteen13 on December 15, 2017, 09:28:31 PM
It's not a factory turbo car.  Me and the cameraman in that video installed a TT kit on the car.  The owner of the car is driving it.  After the install and tune we went out and tested it and that's what you see on video

Huh... guess I would have thought an aftermarket twin turbo setup would be much faster than that.  The youtube comments say the Camaro is running a mail order tune.  Is it just not running much boost or something?
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

luckythirteen13

Quote from: Agentlongwood on December 15, 2017, 11:08:20 PM
Quote from: luckythirteen13 on December 15, 2017, 09:28:31 PM

Huh... guess I would have thought an aftermarket twin turbo setup would be much faster than that.  The youtube comments say the Camaro is running a mail order tune.  Is it just not running much boost or something?

ya i think the tune that came with the kit was designed for 6psi.  according to the company that designed the kit and wrote the tune, 9psi was the limit of the stock motor.  I heard through the grape vine that about a year after installing the kit, the owner cranked the boost to 15psi and had it retuned.  the motor lasted about a week before it blew