• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Gen 4.1 OAR Lifehack

Started by FoMoCoSHO, December 09, 2017, 10:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

So one of the things I hate about Gen 4.1 is having to wait for OAR to scale.

Wait no more!

I'm AJP/SCT tuned so I don't know if it will carry across different hardware/tuners.

All you need if the right road/traffic and you can raise it at will (less than 1 mile today)

Make sure you are in highest gear possible and lock that gear. Roll into the throttle until your knock sensor maxes at -4 and let off...you will see it raise by about -.2 every time. Coast/decel rinse and repeat until your OAR is fully scaled. I think there might be a time component (spent at -4) that gives your some extra per pull. For you Unleashed guys Torrie has been known to change global knock to -5 so I don't know if -4 or -5 will be your trigger.

*Caution* Do not stomp the throttle or your could trigger an LSPI situation. Meth guys, remember your meth won't be spraying so that warning still applies.

This may be more of a challenge if you are dealing with weaksauce 93 octane or your knock sensor is set to ramp slowly.

Enjoy!

Colorado-SHOBro

Ha ha yeah i've been using this method for quite a while whenever i reflash. For me it seems the longer you spend at -4 the more it will drop you OAR and that's a more effecient way to do it. I never really mess with locking into high gear. Usually i try to find a long uphill pull and roll into the throttle and keep it at -4 for as long as possible.
thanks for sharing!
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

GT500R

Do you guys always KAM reset with every flash?

AJP advised to do this on the first tune, but I just have done it for every revision.
2015 Edge Sport
Unleashed Tune | K&N Filter | Trans Mount | CXRacing Intercooler
1/4 mile: 13.228 @ 103.27 - 93 Octane
1/4 mile: 13.162 @ 104.67 - 100 Octane
1/4 mile: 12.999 @ 106.51 - E30