• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Installed EBC pads/rotors and painted calipers

Started by Agentlongwood, December 09, 2017, 07:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

I'm not sure where all this 4.1 and 4.2 nomenclature came from....

But that terminology is INCORRECT.

I really wish those guys that are using it, STOP. Please.

Especially as new owners come on board, and into the SHO fold/family.

2010's through 2012's are GENERATION 4.
2013's to current MY's are GENERATION 5.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AJP turbo

I considered the change from 12' to 13' just a refresh hence the 4.1 and 4.2 name calling.

A complete overhaul was like the 12' fusion to the 13' fusion
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

bpd1151

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 29, 2017, 04:13:00 PM
I considered the change from 12' to 13' just a refresh hence the 4.1 and 4.2 name calling.

A complete overhaul was like the 12' fusion to the 13' fusion
Consider it what you want, officially from the long standing SHO Club, the GEN's are defined as I've outlined.

That organization names them, not I.

I simply provide the correct info, so these other "point" descriptions don't continue festering. That's all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bamsho

SHO generation lesson.

89 to 91 Gen 1
92 to 95 Gen 2
96 to 99 Gen 3
10 to 12 Gen 4
13 to current model Gen 5

As some say the 13 to current model is just a refresh.  So was the Gen 2 compared to the Gen 1.  Lots of parts are interchangeable between the two.  Those Generations arent refered to as Gen 1.1 or Gen 1.2.  The only real changed in the SHO generations is the Gen 3.  I've  owned all generations of the SHO.  This is how they are referred as.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

AJP turbo

Interesting....I see on wiki the current SHO listed as gen. 4

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Well I like the .x designations just because a) Dolby, and b) engine oil jugs that say 5.1 LOL.

BUT yes, bamsho and bpd1151 are historically accurate.  The Gen 5 is the longest running Gen yet.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

I was corrected by the SHO club president in 2014 when I was getting ready to have tshirts made for Carlisle.   I emailef him the back of the shirt image and he came back, you forgot the Gen 5.  I asked him to clarify this.  So he did. 
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Colorado-SHOBro

Any updates on how you feel about this setup Agentlongwood? How many miles on the setup now and how is wear looking on the pads?
i'm considering the same setup so would like to have some long term feedback
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Agentlongwood

To me the brakes feel great.  It certainly stops hard, when needed.  I had not done a full force panic-stop before I got the new pads and rotors, so I can't compare before and after for full force.  In normal operation they feel about the same as factory.  The USR rotors are 100% silent in normal driving.  I have not heard a single squeak or any noise from the slotting.  Until the black coating wore off the rotors they made a groaning noise.  Took maybe 20 minutes of driving.  It scared the crap out of me when I first put them on lol. 

Once all the bedding in is done, the dust seems about the same as the factory pads. The instructions were to put 200 miles on them BEFORE bedding.  So for that first 200 miles, and bedding procedure they put out a TON of dust.  That dust seems to have been from the break in coating on the pads, and possibly the stuff on the rotors.  But yeah, the wheels were filthy for that first 200 miles.  Now it's fine, seems same as stock.

The bed in procedure was to brake hard 5 times from 60 down to 20, (if I remember right).  I was pretty merciless, when I did this.  I got on the brakes really hard when I did the bedding.  And it really shocked me how hard the car stopped.  I Again, I never did this before the new pads and rotors, so maybe it was good before... but damn, it stops hard now. 

I did rotors and pads because when I went to the track, the car would shudder under braking from ~105mph.  With the new setup it is perfectly smooth.  It will still make a humming noise under medium-hard braking from above 100mph, but it is perfectly smooth, no shaking, no pedal pulsing.  And It does feel like it is easier to slow down after crossing the finish at the track, but I cannot be sure that isn't placebo. 

As for wear, I only have a little over 1000 miles on them.  Mostly suburban driving with 1 trip to the drag strip.  I'll be honest, I haven't looked at the pads yet to see if they are worn down, lol.  But with so little driving I didn't think it would be any noticeable amount of wear.

If you have anything else you want to know that I missed, just let me know.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

Colorado-SHOBro

^Nope that about covers it. thanks a bunch for the prompt response!
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

mjhpadi

Looks great! I installed Yellowstuff pads and EBC slotted/dimpled rotors and have been very pleased with their performance.  Not sure that it is all that much better than the stock pads and rotors, but I thought the stock pads and rotors were OK. But then I was coming out of an F-150 that had disc fronts and drum rears, and you needed an anchor to get that thing stopped, and my Lincoln Mark LT with all discs, although some better certainly didn't stop as well as the stock SHO.
BTW, the only rotors that lasted more than 30K miles on my 150 were EBC, all the others I tried were gone in less miles.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350