• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Installed EBC pads/rotors and painted calipers

Started by Agentlongwood, December 09, 2017, 07:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

I did THmotorsports also, I think S13 kit, Yellowstuff Pads EBC RK sport rotors just the fronts 187 shipped, best prices by far when I was shopping and had them in stock too...
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: avidmotion on December 15, 2017, 08:30:38 PM
I did THmotorsports also, I think S13 kit, Yellowstuff Pads EBC RK sport rotors just the fronts 187 shipped, best prices by far when I was shopping and had them in stock too...
I think they'd be a good vendor to have on board...

FoMoCoSHO

It looks like we ran them out of rear kits, lol.

They are kindly sending out my sorely needed fronts and the rears will be along in a week or so.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on December 18, 2017, 08:52:37 PM
Just in time for xmas!
Yeah, just in time for the red powder coated calipers I just ordered too...

Agentlongwood

Aww man, so you went with the powder coat.  That's gunna look so damn good.  Sigh... going to be a bit jealous when I look back at my duplicolored calipers, lol.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Agentlongwood on December 18, 2017, 11:40:46 PM
Aww man, so you went with the powder coat.  That's gunna look so damn good.  Sigh... going to be a bit jealous when I look back at my duplicolored calipers, lol.
I suspect unless somebody looks very closely yours will look just as good.

avidmotion

Love the yellowstuff pads but.....my mechanic while putting on the new struts noticed the pads he put on 2 months or 2,200 miles ago and commented that they are down 25% already.....wtf....I not race at track etc. I on par to get 18,000 to 20,000 miles out of the front set!
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

Quote from: avidmotion on December 26, 2017, 01:42:02 PM
Love the yellowstuff pads but.....my mechanic while putting on the new struts noticed the pads he put on 2 months or 2,200 miles ago and commented that they are down 25% already.....wtf....I not race at track etc. I on par to get 18,000 to 20,000 miles out of the front set!
I guess sometimes worn out struts, shocks will cause the brakes to wear out prematurely due to the overall weight factor shifting to the front when stopping causing excessive wear. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Both inner and outer?  Slide pins greased regularly?  They should last a lot longer.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

I don't think 20k is bad for yellow stuff...They are a pretty aggressive pad....I have the yellows in the rear of my fusion and the bluestuff in the front...I expect more than 20k but I have them in the rear...If I don't get 20k from the front I'm ok with that also though.

You could do front pads in less than 2 hours from wheel on to wheel back on so I don't think that's bad...You could get some EBC green or red that would last much longer but not perform...Performance has it's cost.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: avidmotion on December 26, 2017, 01:42:02 PM
The Lincoln came with Yellowstuff and they are no joke, they are a huge improvement to the weak gen 4.1 brakes. To make that much difference in an overweight and underbraked platform pretty much guarantees they aren't going to be a long lasting pad.

For me the initial bite is actually a little too aggressive, especially in snow and rain.

Hopefully the Redstuffs will be more linear and wear longer.

FoMoCoSHO

I ordered my brakes on 12/11 and still don't have them.

They were initially out of rear kits which was fine as the fronts are what need replaced, they said they'd split the shipment and send the fronts.

I reached out Tuesday and they said they would investigate and I'd hear back in 24 hours...didn't happen.

Called today, closed.

If I don't get these brakes quick i'm going to have to cancel and mate my pretty rotors with OEM 4.2 parts.

(Insert colorful expletives here)

SHOdded

Not good.  Not good at all.  Soon to be on the NAUGHTY list?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on December 29, 2017, 03:24:13 PM
Not good.  Not good at all.  Soon to be on the NAUGHTY list?
I'm currently in an email exchange with them.

It appears someone dropped the ball so we shall see how they handle it.

I will give them props for responding quickly during non business hours.