• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2018 Ford National's - Carlisle, PA.

Started by bpd1151, December 07, 2017, 08:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Quote from: ZSHO on May 28, 2018, 07:30:17 PM

That weather lady is quite perky in all the right areas. :thumb:

bpd1151

A balmy 97 degrees here in CHI-Town today.

Had 92 yesterday, and another 97 degree day this past Friday.

Been brutal and record tieing/breaking last few days.

StealBlueSho

Does your patrol car have the 3.5TT as well? Or do you alternate cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Most (suburban) agencies here and elsewhere DO NOT opt in on the 3.5 EB motor.

Really no reason too when pursuit policies have become so incredibly stringent and restrictive over the years.

Not to mention that the politicians only like spending extra money on themselves and not on their police cars. Plus they'd have to spend more on insuring those squads, maintaining them, etc.

The only one's I am aware of that DO order the EB's are State Police and some (but not all) County Sheriff agencies.

StealBlueSho

I'm a bit spoiled working around Washington DC... most of the interceptors I see are Ecoboost... didn't realize outside of the area they are more rare...

At least I know if I am out your way, I just need to lay down the hammer the pursuit cars will fall behind quickly ;-)

bpd1151

We wouldn't even bother chasing for more traffic offenses. Not anymore.

So have fun.

And I really do mean that the politicians here are dirty. Take a gander at this article. Then people wonder why I choose to work the overnight shift.

Report: Chicago most corrupt city in U.S.
http://abc7chicago.com/politics/report-chicago-most-corrupt-city-in-us/3478310/

RAYJAY

2013 GREEN GEM METALLIC 402A PP PACKAGE

mjhpadi

Weather here turned fairly nice today, mid 70's with sun. Very nice tomorrow but Wednesday it is supposed to get cooler and cloudy.  As far as Thursday, Friday, and Saturday....Thursday 74 and 60% chance of rain, Friday 81 and 80% chance of rain, Saturday 71 and 60% chance of rain....sorry I can't give better news, but I am only about 60 miles north of Carlisle so I would expect pretty much the same weather there.

2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

mjhpadi

And I am not ready yet either...tomorrow is load required stuff and begin final detail.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

jbrown9999

Sad to say, I won't be able to go.  Wish I could but one of the guys at work had family stuff so now I've cancelled my time off.  Have fun and look forward to see the pics.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

StealBlueSho

Weather is looking pretty bad....

Curious how the show is still going on? I have never been so I'm not sure how much is "inside" vs the field.....

I'm guessing the dyno, races, etc are going to be canceled?

bpd1151

I'm guessing that it's just that BIG of an event, and that THAT MUCH planning goes into it, that it is never really cancelled in it's entirety.

But it would seem likely that SOME ASPECTS of the event may be cancelled. It wouldn't make sense to me to have the dyno, burn out contest, racing, etc. If conditions aren't optimal.

Who knows. Maybe others with some greater experience with the event will chime in. 2017 was my 1st year to attend.

That said, I did speak to BAM_SHO this morning and he mentioned there are a few guys who are closer (than me) that are planning on bringing pop up tents.

I'm still in, because this is really the only time of the year that I get to see everyone face to face, which to me, is much more rewarding than any aspects of the event itself.

I mean what's better than getting one's jabs in, and personal jokes in, in person I ask?

All of the above stated, I will report that this will be the 1st time in many many months, in which I've driven my SHO (purposely) in inclimate weather.

I do wonder how some of those Mustang owners and others who have trailer queens, will respond to their whips being positioned out in the rain. I suspect some of "those types" will cancel and/or pull out of the event entirely.

But as for me, I am finally done handling all of my household $h!t now, including an emergency basement flooding that occurred late yesterday afternoon, so all I have left remaining, is to load up the car now (& refrain from to much beer drinking today) in preparation for the long drive out.

Setting my alarm for 3am, and hoping to be on the road by 4am (CDT).

See some of you tomorrow! :thumb:

bamsho

Typical Nationals weather.  Like Mike said, it's the only time I get to see and hsng out with most of you.  Too me it's priceless.  We alsways make the best of it.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.