• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 Flex limited EB oil

Started by mcrmb1, December 05, 2017, 08:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcrmb1

Well my 2010 limited EB Calls for 5W20 but I changed to 2012 timing components    Actuator, Camshaft Gear, Tensioner, Timing Chain, Chain Guide, new water pump and Turbo should i go to the 5W30 oil or stay with 5W20 ?
2010 Ford Flex Limited 3.5L Eco-boost Upgraded Timing and water pump to 2012 version

bpd1151

IIRC the primary reason FMC switched to 5w30 was simply for fuel efficiency ratings.

I can tell you that my 2010, which now at it's core, lives a 2014 production block heavily modified by Livernois Motorsports, still runs the 5w20 with no issues whatsoever.

I'm sure based on my own experiences, you'll be fine running either weight.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

5w20, quality full synthetic.  Motorcraft oil filter preferred.  Others might work, or cause startup rattle, so I stick with MC.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!