• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First tune

Started by Sbouvia, December 03, 2017, 07:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 18, 2018, 08:53:38 PM
Quote from: stealbluesho on February 18, 2018, 07:22:38 PMCan't go wrong with Brad!

I expect high 11's this season...

Hmmmm....... 11's is quite the elusive club.

Not many on that list.

IIRC only 6, or 7 total since the 2010 model year was introduced.

I wish you and Brad good luck with that goal.

I mean... not be a smart ass but isn't LMS selling packages to put the SHO into the 11's now? For a cool $10k they say 11's are within reach...

I suspect the elusive club is going to be less elusive.. just drop $10K and go to the track when DA is low...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 18, 2018, 08:58:13 PMI mean... not be a smart ass but isn't LMS selling packages to put the SHO into the 11's now?

For a cool $10k they say 11's are within reach....

I have gone on record before stating my doubts for the product package advertised obtaining 11's.

No "meaness" perceived.

11's are difficult.

Thus why so few have crossed that realm.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 18, 2018, 09:21:26 PM

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 18, 2018, 08:58:13 PMI mean... not be a smart ass but isn't LMS selling packages to put the SHO into the 11's now?

For a cool $10k they say 11's are within reach....

I have gone on record before stating my doubts for the product package advertised obtaining 11's.

No "meaness" perceived.

11's are difficult.

Thus why so few have crossed that realm.

No meanness intended.  I saw the posts and your response and I agree. It's one thing to hit 11's once on a perfect day... it's another to enter the brackets dialing in 11's...

Brads tunes are capable and I am hoping to prove it. Without a $10K investment or more....

Nothing wrong with having faith in your tuner...

AJP turbo

SBS i'm thinking that for the 11's on meth one needs to have a target boost of 17-18 psi and at least 20 degrees of spark throughout the run which would be about 218-225 kpa...We have yet to run that high on your car....I think we were near that but I think you were giving some resistance back due to safety concerns...Not concerns from what the logs showed us as far as vitals but just from a power standpoint it seemed like you were getting a bit uneasy....And I'm not saying you were not warranted as I know the HP/Tq would be pretty impressive at those levels.

And I think low 1.7's is key as well.

I think I've seen some logs where people have hit 11's and I've seen some stupid things like 240kpa and stupid low fuel pressure...I don't think we need numbers like that but I think some people that have hit 11's were in danger zone but yes I agree also it is a rare feat for multiple reasons. But I want to do it with you and make the logs look responsible. But with meth that should be easy due to the fact the fuel delivery should be no problem.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

klrsmith

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 18, 2018, 07:13:15 PM
Quote from: klrsmith on February 18, 2018, 06:49:48 PM
+1 on AJPTurbo (Brad) being the best. 

Just finished up the 93/3 bar tune on my 14 PI.  The difference from stock is staggering and Brad was awesome to work with!

Thanks...don't be a stranger and post some pics of the pi.
I just realized this was your first post ...couldn't remember how I recognized your forum name but you hadn't posted ..you pm'd me but never had a forum post!

Do you drag race? Maybe one day you can run it down the track and see how it does...do you know the weight of your out of service Pi?

QuoteThanks...don't be a stranger and post some pics of the pi.
I just realized this was your first post ...couldn't remember how I recognized your forum name but you hadn't posted ..you pm'd me but never had a forum post!

Do you drag race? Maybe one day you can run it down the track and see how it does...do you know the weight of your out of service Pi?

First time poster, but long time lurker :-D  - Yeah, I'd like to get it to the track sometime and see what it can really do... I gotta TRY to keep the speeds under 80 in VA, they get real crampy with anything 20 over and will make it a "reckless driving" charge... I'll try to get some pics up soon! 

Thanks again for all the help!
2014 Ecoboost PI - AJPturbo 3 Bar/93 tune - AEM dry panel - Reische 170 thermo - SP542 plugs - EPP Hotpipes - Power Stop Z37 Top Cop pads and slotted rotors

SHOdded

Wait they are giving you a 5 mph cushon on the "reckless" charge?  Boy they have become lenient.  LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 18, 2018, 10:43:21 PM
SBS i'm thinking that for the 11's on meth one needs to have a target boost of 17-18 psi and at least 20 degrees of spark throughout the run which would be about 218-225 kpa...We have yet to run that high on your car....I think we were near that but I think you were giving some resistance back due to safety concerns...Not concerns from what the logs showed us as far as vitals but just from a power standpoint it seemed like you were getting a bit uneasy....And I'm not saying you were not warranted as I know the HP/Tq would be pretty impressive at those levels.

And I think low 1.7's is key as well.

I think I've seen some logs where people have hit 11's and I've seen some stupid things like 240kpa and stupid low fuel pressure...I don't think we need numbers like that but I think some people that have hit 11's were in danger zone but yes I agree also it is a rare feat for multiple reasons. But I want to do it with you and make the logs look responsible. But with meth that should be easy due to the fact the fuel delivery should be no problem.

I won't see low 1.7's until I get better tires... these BFGoodrich Sport comps are the wrong type of tire for an AWD car running the 1/4.. they need to be warmed up which we can't do. On the back roads they stick well as have really good feed back though. I'm gonna pickup some Conties in a month or so... should be better...as it stands right now I am blowing all 4 tires off the line unless the track is heavily sprayed with Vht..

I'm at 211kpa right now with 28 degrees of spark, which is pushing it.. however... that 12.3 was run on almost 90F day with the tune that was dropping the boost after 4800 rpms.. and I was only targeting 205kpa on those runs...

In any event... I suspect with better tires, the newer tune, and decent weather 11's are possible.

And those guys hitting 11's are generally running open throttle and riding those boost spikes through. Which isn't what we are trying to do..

Macgyver

Nitto.

https://www.nittotire.com/competition-tires/nt555r-dot-compliant-competition-drag-radial-tire/

Some of the best street legal Straight line tires out there with very good overall handling. Just not cheap.

You want 11's. You just cant skimp on rubber.

Brucelinc

LOL....if you have issues getting your SHO to hook, try a 6 speed manual Mustang GT.  You will fall in love with AWD all over again.   

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Skydogs

Yes Brad is the best hands down!! I hope to hit 11s or very close! I have a very good local track at 800' feet and some brand new Michelin's. Brad has my car smoking going to log last tune up and see if Brad thinks there is one more little bump up!!!  And see what the track brings! Now that our last snowstorm is all gone and the salt is all but gone.
Thanks Brad for all the speed and fun!!

Skydog/Matt.    Snowbank_99
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned