• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Bad rotor(s) giving symptoms of an out of balance wheel(s)?

Started by SilvererSHO, November 30, 2017, 10:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Well, car guys being car guys, there's always some hijinx being pulled on the forums.  I do hope we here on EBPF have kept it down to a minimum, certainly this thread is a bit of an exception, and I hope you take it in that spirit.  People are often bound to their experiences, until an exception comes along to make them rethink, and hopefully add to their own knowledgebases rather than denying it.

Let's see if the "runout" thing is a phantom or for real. A specialty shop is probably the best bet TBH.  People who fix wheels for a living, day in/day out, are probably going to know what to eliminate and what to suspect.

Brakes ... so many variables here.  OEM rotors with non-OEM pads are usually the best combo for the 2010-12.  On occasion, the brake booster and master cylinder do fail.  Maybe these are early stage warnings that unfortunately fall within the variance zone of "normal".
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SilvererSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on December 13, 2017, 06:01:04 PM
Well, car guys being car guys, there's always some hijinx being pulled on the forums.  I do hope we here on EBPF have kept it down to a minimum, certainly this thread is a bit of an exception, and I hope you take it in that spirit.  People are often bound to their experiences, until an exception comes along to make them rethink, and hopefully add to their own knowledgebases rather than denying it.

Let's see if the "runout" thing is a phantom or for real. A specialty shop is probably the best bet TBH.  People who fix wheels for a living, day in/day out, are probably going to know what to eliminate and what to suspect.

Brakes ... so many variables here.  OEM rotors with non-OEM pads are usually the best combo for the 2010-12.  On occasion, the brake booster and master cylinder do fail.  Maybe these are early stage warnings that unfortunately fall within the variance zone of "normal".

QuoteI do hope we here on EBPF have kept it down to a minimum, certainly this thread is a bit of an exception, and I hope you take it in that spirit.

No, don't take me wrong.  I have no complaints to file here.  Great forum!
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

ZSHO

FYI - there is always a report to MOD on every page screen if necessary! 
Best of luck on a viable solution. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

92BlackGT

Quote from: SilvererSHO on December 13, 2017, 04:57:39 PM
...And I already had the summer tires/wheels on the car and replaced them with what I have now and that's exactly when the problem showed up.  So by putting them back on the car I'd find out what I already know within probably 99% certainty.  It's not happening with those tires and wheels because they just came off the car...

curious for the reason of the thread then
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!