• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

e30 AJPturbo Tune...thinking of getting one

Started by Joeyfuzz911, November 27, 2017, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

Attached a couple logs from track passes. I did spike the E30 blend with some 100octane race gas for track day although timing is maxxed out so i don't think it helped in my case. But keep that in mind when  you see such negative knock values.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Joeyfuzz911

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on December 22, 2017, 11:59:27 PM
Attached a couple logs from track passes. I did spike the E30 blend with some 100octane race gas for track day although timing is maxxed out so i don't think it helped in my case. But keep that in mind when  you see such negative knock values.

Do you have an aftermarket HPFP?  You dont have throttle control for the shifts and your fuel pressure is perfect?  Looks almost like a meth datalog.  I thought e30 tunes were prone to fuel pressure hits because of the ethanol?

I see it runs lower boost around 12-13. 

I subtracted times for 0-85 and they were around 8.7 seconds.  My 93 tune is around 8.3-8.5. 

I dont get why the e30 would be slower or even with a 93 tune.  Should be a good half second faster.

Maybe its your elevation.
2014 SHO nonpp, MDesign intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa catback, H&R springs, 170 tstat, 3 bar map sensor, matte black vinyl wrapped chrome trimming, smoke tinted tail lights, 20x9 +35 offset aftermarket wheels on 275/40 R20 Continental Extreme Contact Sports, Powerstop z23 brakes and drilled/slotted rotors, 35% tint, MSD coils, NGK 6510 gapped at 0.26 and AJPturbo 3 bar 93 tune.

12.82 @ 106.6mph w/ 1.82 60"

AJP turbo

Quote from: Joeyfuzz911 on December 23, 2017, 02:06:50 PM
Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on December 22, 2017, 11:59:27 PM

Do you have an aftermarket HPFP?  You dont have throttle control for the shifts and your fuel pressure is perfect?  Looks almost like a meth datalog.  I thought e30 tunes were prone to fuel pressure hits because of the ethanol?

I see it runs lower boost around 12-13. 

I subtracted times for 0-85 and they were around 8.7 seconds.  My 93 tune is around 8.3-8.5. 

I dont get why the e30 would be slower or even with a 93 tune.  Should be a good half second faster.

Maybe its your elevation.

It s his elevation...his barometric pressure is only around 82 kpa I think so his boost is really around 14-15 I think...he has the wastegate mod to his intake so we did not need throttle control

Cars are much slower where he is...even upgraded turbo sho struggle to get into the 12's
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Joeyfuzz911

Brad, his target boost shows 190 MPA which is like 13ish right?

Anyone, what is this wastegate mod?  If it helps with fuel pressure, I would love to look into it. 

Ive decided on some future plans for my car which entails, new intercooler (Matts design when its ready), bigger turbos and XDI HPFP and of course an AJP tune. 

That with some e30, you think its an 11 second car Brad?
2014 SHO nonpp, MDesign intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa catback, H&R springs, 170 tstat, 3 bar map sensor, matte black vinyl wrapped chrome trimming, smoke tinted tail lights, 20x9 +35 offset aftermarket wheels on 275/40 R20 Continental Extreme Contact Sports, Powerstop z23 brakes and drilled/slotted rotors, 35% tint, MSD coils, NGK 6510 gapped at 0.26 and AJPturbo 3 bar 93 tune.

12.82 @ 106.6mph w/ 1.82 60"

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Joeyfuzz911 on December 23, 2017, 08:05:29 PM
Brad, his target boost shows 190 MPA which is like 13ish right?

Anyone, what is this wastegate mod?  If it helps with fuel pressure, I would love to look into it. 

Ive decided on some future plans for my car which entails, new intercooler (Matts design when its ready), bigger turbos and XDI HPFP and of course an AJP tune. 

That with some e30, you think its an 11 second car Brad?
I don't think any of those bolt ons are necessary. Maybe an easier route though. Personally I prefer the road less traveled, just ask Brad, lol.

I think if Sparkie had better DA, lower IAT2's, all of her spark, and some traction on her last outing it may have been close. Turbos still had plenty of room for some more boost if necessary. A driver brain mod would be helpful as well, lol.

If we get down to the nitty gritty with the Lincoln I have the one and only boost actuated cutout courtesy of EcoPowerParts that will hopefully get me across the finish line.