• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Daily Driver and Meth/Water Injection

Started by matt60, May 24, 2013, 06:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

I'd love to put on a meth kit. Actually I am dying to. Warranty does hold me back and I don't really trust them. It is like nitrous was when I was younger, great power but all my friends cars eventually detonated. They have much better kits now. And meth is bled in so it don't just hit with 75 to 250 more hp....I feel meth is alot better then it used to be but I am not sure it's ready for a daily driver. However some manufacturers are starting to address it. Is there a especially Reliable pump or brand of pump that is the best. Most systems seem to be built around a certain pump then add bells n whistles. My 1st system on a 340 duster used a Hobbs switch and activated with vacuum, it was used for knock only no noticeable real power except the ability to really turn it up and make a little power for Fri nights.....I am inching closer to going meth, but can garnish more of my hp   with better traction tires first.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

Quote from: avidmotion on December 21, 2017, 04:24:55 PM
I'd love to put on a meth kit. Actually I am dying to. Warranty does hold me back and I don't really trust them. It is like nitrous was when I was younger, great power but all my friends cars eventually detonated. They have much better kits now. And meth is bled in so it don't just hit with 75 to 250 more hp....I feel meth is alot better then it used to be but I am not sure it's ready for a daily driver. However some manufacturers are starting to address it. Is there a especially Reliable pump or brand of pump that is the best. Most systems seem to be built around a certain pump then add bells n whistles. My 1st system on a 340 duster used a Hobbs switch and activated with vacuum, it was used for knock only no noticeable real power except the ability to really turn it up and make a little power for Fri nights.....I am inching closer to going meth, but can garnish more of my hp   with better traction tires first.
The ALKY KIT proves to be superior Hand Down IMHO! from its quality pump,lines and brass fittings and by far the best customer service and support from the man himself Julio Don @ www.alkycontrol.com .
The man responds in matter of minutes to your emails and have him on Speed Dial!
Feel free to start your very own post!  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|