• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

e30 AJPturbo Tune...thinking of getting one

Started by Joeyfuzz911, November 27, 2017, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeyfuzz911

Hey everyone,

So I run AJPturbo tune now on 93.  Was thinking of runnign an e30 tune and maybe year around as the Sheetz that has it is close by and readily available.

The Sheetz however doesnt just have e85.  It has a ethanol rated at 51%-83% and says 94 octane on the pump label.  Was wondering for those that run e30, what mixture do you put in your tank?  I know there are calculators on line but they arent very accurate, atleast the two I looked at.

I ran a 12.83 @ 106 last in early Nov and shooting for 12.5 or better.  My 60' was 1.8 as well.

Those that run e30 or even e20, how do you like it and what mix do YOU use for your e30/e20 tune?

Thanks.
2014 SHO nonpp, MDesign intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa catback, H&R springs, 170 tstat, 3 bar map sensor, matte black vinyl wrapped chrome trimming, smoke tinted tail lights, 20x9 +35 offset aftermarket wheels on 275/40 R20 Continental Extreme Contact Sports, Powerstop z23 brakes and drilled/slotted rotors, 35% tint, MSD coils, NGK 6510 gapped at 0.26 and AJPturbo 3 bar 93 tune.

12.82 @ 106.6mph w/ 1.82 60"

Jordan

If you want maximum power for E30 you want to mix with 93 octane and E85. Most of the time pump e30 is mixed with 87 octane which lowers the octane rating just a hair. I don't personally run an E30 tune, but pretty sure I have heard people running 3.5 gallons of E85 and the rest 93 octane. Surely someone else will chime in here soon. Just thought I'd add what I have seen because there isn't any discussion on it just yet.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

AJP turbo

That calculator I sent you is very accurate...just enter 60% for the constant for the ethanol pump and 10% for your pump 93 and run your tank pretty low and fill with the mix that the calculator and you should be good to go
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Joeyfuzz911

Quote from: AJP turbo on November 27, 2017, 08:50:32 PM
That calculator I sent you is very accurate...just enter 60% for the constant for the ethanol pump and 10% for your pump 93 and run your tank pretty low and fill with the mix that the calculator and you should be good to go

Brad, for the calculator you included, would I leave e85 octane at 105 or change to 94 since thats what the pump says on it?  I dont think that matters for mixture for me but more for you as a tuner because it changes the overall octane.

Also, one of my buddies who drives an STI said if I run e30 and other high ethanol blend tunes that oil changes will need to be done at closer together because the ethanol is thnner and makes its way into the engine  more easily.  Is that true?  I'd like to know if there are any extra maintenance involved with running e30 for prolonged periods.

2014 SHO nonpp, MDesign intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa catback, H&R springs, 170 tstat, 3 bar map sensor, matte black vinyl wrapped chrome trimming, smoke tinted tail lights, 20x9 +35 offset aftermarket wheels on 275/40 R20 Continental Extreme Contact Sports, Powerstop z23 brakes and drilled/slotted rotors, 35% tint, MSD coils, NGK 6510 gapped at 0.26 and AJPturbo 3 bar 93 tune.

AJP turbo

Quote from: Joeyfuzz911 on November 27, 2017, 09:15:09 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on November 27, 2017, 08:50:32 PM

Brad, for the calculator you included, would I leave e85 octane at 105 or change to 94 since thats what the pump says on it?  I dont think that matters for mixture for me but more for you as a tuner because it changes the overall octane.

Also, one of my buddies who drives an STI said if I run e30 and other high ethanol blend tunes that oil changes will need to be done at closer together because the ethanol is thnner and makes its way into the engine  more easily.  Is that true?  I'd like to know if there are any extra maintenance involved with running e30 for prolonged periods.

I wouldn't worry about the displayed octane but yea you can enter 94 for the octane since that's what it says for your E85 pump blend...Although I'm not sure why they say it's so low...Could be really low quality E85 blend....Should be closer to 100....On your screenshot you are only showing a E% of 23% so change your pump gas or Ethanol amount to the mix shows 30% if that's what you want. It looks like since your E pump is maybe around 60% that you need 12 gallons of pump 93 and like 6 gallons of E60 to give an overall blend of E30 but that's just in my head.

I don't know if your buddy is correct..He may be I dunno..I don't know for fact that E30 is "thinner"....Oil analysis would be the only way to know if your oil is spent or still good...If you have a high quality oil and a sound engine I would still think a 5k oil interval is ok....Call amsoil and ask...I'd be curious what they say.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

dubcitySHO

Fuzz or Brad, can you post a link to that calculator por favor?

I'm another VERY happy camper with my 93 tune from AJP, and have been considering walking down the path towards E30.  Just on the fence with whether or not it will put me back in the land of forced torque reductions from the ECU, with the additional power.
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

Joeyfuzz911

Email Brad. He sent it to me via email.  Its a spreadsheet that calculates inputs.

Joeyfuzz911

Those with an e30 AJP tune, do you have a datalog I can check out please?  Thanks in advance!

Macgyver

So this Youtube vid has the F150 3.5TT motor in it. It does better on Premium gas and now we can see sorta how and why. This is done via dry erase examples and charts. The AJP E30 tune can get better gas mileage thats for sure.

https://youtu.be/dxAQmj3P8xs

SHOdded

Considering that premium fuel also gets the best detergent additives, even if you normally run 87, running 93 once in a while IS worthwhile, in my experience.  The latest and greatest Shell fuels are a perfect example of that.  I have recently liked Mobil fuels with Synergy, 87 has been great.  Will have to try the 93 one of these days.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on December 20, 2017, 06:40:18 PM
Considering that premium fuel also gets the best detergent additives, even if you normally run 87, running 93 once in a while IS worthwhile, in my experience.  The latest and greatest Shell fuels are a perfect example of that.  I have recently liked Mobil fuels with Synergy, 87 has been great.  Will have to try the 93 one of these days.
All top tier grades have to be treated with the same detergents. The difference is in the amount...there is more in premium.

With what we are learning about additives and LSPI that may or may not be a good thing.

As far as E85 vs 93, well, its not apples to apples because flex fuel "certified" doesn't mean it is tuned to E-85 strengths (Leaner wot AFR, more spark advance, lean burn at cruise, etc) not to mention full E85 can operate very efficiently at much higher compression ratios (ie 16:1) If an E-85 engine was built and tuned around these principles you would see more power at lower displacement and equal to or better MPGs than 93.

We can't do anything about our static compression ratios but we can alter our dynamic compression ratios with higher boost and cam timing. I'm hoping once we're done with the power tuning I can throw Brad some cash and work on some of the part throttle efficiency areas.

SHOdded

Would be interesting to see hiw long the injectors last without added detergents.  Could be no difference at all ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on December 20, 2017, 09:20:41 PM
Would be interesting to see hiw long the injectors last without added detergents.  Could be no difference at all ...
If tailpipes are any indicator, could be longer.

My disgusting caked tips are self cleaning now.

SHOdded

f8tlSHO

I have ajp e30, and I run sheetz e85... mine does not say 94 octane though. It was 70% last winter. I have not checked it recently. I would send you a log, but my brother is borrowing the computer with my logs on it. If ajp has any of my logs he has permission to give them to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq