• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

At this point... I would use what
Devils Own recommends... worst case is you over spray a bit but it will tell you if you are cooling off the IAT sensor....

See... here is the deal... the only place your meth will hit that adjusts intake temp is that 3BAR sensor. So if you are monitoring IAT2 then that is THE sensor.....

I say try what DO is telling you...

OR go back to a 2BAR sensor and see if that sensor picks up cooling? Perhaps your 3BAR is not working properly....

Are you still running the WG mod?

Basic trouble shooting before going crazy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 30, 2018, 06:35:01 PM
At this point... I would use what
Devils Own recommends... worst case is you over spray a bit but it will tell you if you are cooling off the IAT sensor....

See... here is the deal... the only place your meth will hit that adjusts intake temp is that 3BAR sensor. So if you are monitoring IAT2 then that is THE sensor.....

I say try what DO is telling you...

OR go back to a 2BAR sensor and see if that sensor picks up cooling? Perhaps your 3BAR is not working properly....

Are you still running the WG mod?

Basic trouble shooting before going crazy....

Yea I'm gonna try what devil's own told me first. I am reading iat2s so it's the sensor but it's not picking up any cooling at the moment. And no I'm not using the wastegate regulator mod any more I bought a new charge pipe to get rid of that elbow and have a proper nozzle placement.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

StealBlueSho

Sounds like all that's left is to up the spray....I am unfamiliar with DOs kit... can you adjust the pump to spray more without changing the nozzle?

This is why people should just order the Alky kit from Alky Control... it just works... every time....

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 30, 2018, 06:46:05 PM
Sounds like all that's left is to up the spray....I am unfamiliar with DOs kit... can you adjust the pump to spray more without changing the nozzle?

This is why people should just order the Alky kit from Alky Control... it just works... every time....

I have a Frankenstein kit builts from devils own nozzles hoses pump housing and fittings. And snow pump and controller. I think my system has always been working I was just under the wrong idea of nozzles I'm sure going to a higher no7 I'm sure it will solve the problem 🤞

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

lamrith

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on May 30, 2018, 06:51:53 PM

I have a Frankenstein kit builts from devils own nozzles hoses pump housing and fittings. And snow pump and controller. I think my system has always been working I was just under the wrong idea of nozzles I'm sure going to a higher no7 I'm sure it will solve the problem 🤞

Why not go to the 10 they recommend rather than going for the minimum?  If you are going to do it, do it right and make sure you have the meth spraying that they recommend rather than scraping by and wondering.  Minimum is not the goal imho when it comes to kits like this.  I love to save a buck, but not at the sake of undersizing things.  It's $25, get the recommended make sure it is dialed in and working as expected, then you can think about dropping the size to 7.  You COULD have an issue elsewhere, but with undersized nozzle there is no way to know.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: lamrith on May 30, 2018, 07:51:20 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on May 30, 2018, 06:51:53 PM

Why not go to the 10 they recommend rather than going for the minimum?  If you are going to do it, do it right and make sure you have the meth spraying that they recommend rather than scraping by and wondering.  Minimum is not the goal imho when it comes to kits like this.  I love to save a buck, but not at the sake of undersizing things.  It's $25, get the recommended make sure it is dialed in and working as expected, then you can think about dropping the size to 7.  You COULD have an issue elsewhere, but with undersized nozzle there is no way to know.
I got both nozzles the 7 and 10 I'm gonna log with both. I'm sure I'll stick with the 10 cause the outside temps have been over 100° everyday.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

AJP turbo

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on May 30, 2018, 06:06:19 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 30, 2018, 05:52:57 PM
Hmmm... are you still running that add on for vacuum line on top of the intake?

It positions the map sensor up higher..

No I removed that back when you told me that may be the issue... I'm leaning towards not enough spray. Maybe nozzle too small.

If it is in fact not enough spray then the flow rating of the nozzle is way off as is the gauge you have that reports the flow. Because according to the nozzle rating you are spraying a TON. In a way you can kind of care less about the cooling if the knock sensors were adding spark due to the octane. And if you were showing expected STFT's and getting the spark added but just didn't see the cooling it wouldn't be a huge deal and you could guess that it was an atomization issue.

But you have little change to the STFT's AND little to no cooling....I can't imagine a way you are under nozzled with the flow you are saying you have and not seeing a change in STFT's.

I've seen 200-300cc/min give STFT's in the .8X range.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 31, 2018, 12:41:45 AM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on May 30, 2018, 06:06:19 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 30, 2018, 05:52:57 PM
Hmmm... are you still running that add on for vacuum line on top of the intake?

It positions the map sensor up higher..

No I removed that back when you told me that may be the issue... I'm leaning towards not enough spray. Maybe nozzle too small.

If it is in fact not enough spray then the flow rating of the nozzle is way off as is the gauge you have that reports the flow. Because according to the nozzle rating you are spraying a TON. In a way you can kind of care less about the cooling if the knock sensors were adding spark due to the octane. And if you were showing expected STFT's and getting the spark added but just didn't see the cooling it wouldn't be a huge deal and you could guess that it was an atomization issue.

But you have little change to the STFT's AND little to no cooling....I can't imagine a way you are under nozzled with the flow you are saying you have and not seeing a change in STFT's.

I've seen 200-300cc/min give STFT's in the .8X range.
I just bought a gauge to test once and for all the pump and see what PSI it's spraying vs what the rating on the nozzles is. I've tested the pump several times and it sprays I just need to make sure now that it's pumping out at least 200psi to match the rating on the nozzles.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Hey guys so I've been having a bit more knocking than I'm comfortable with between +2 and +3

I have been getting code p2098
P2098 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 2 what could be the cause of this p2098?

Is that the code that is supposed to pop up for catless downpipes?
I thought for catless is code p0420 or something like that.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

Possible Causes: 
Corrosion
Incorrect connections
Exhaust leaks
Contaminated universal HO2S21 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

What could be the cause preventing the system going closed loop?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

H02's Fuel functionality on the 2015MY! Closed loop Fuel,02 sensor temp,Fuel pressure,Fuel level. Z

PAGE 70 & 79 ^^^

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/ford_content/catalog/motorcraft/OBDSM1505.pdf

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

Got this in the mail today. 70mm throttle body with a tap for the BOV.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Got it installed today, tap for the BOV

Quick question. When spraying meth which of the fuel trims should be the one cutting back fuel the LTFT or STFT ?

I've noticed my LTFT drop to .80 while my STFT remains at 1.0 is this correct or should it be the other way around?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

So it's been a while since I posted but I've got a few things since I was last here.
I finally got the meth figure out and tuned I went to the track with a GH meth tune and my best was 12.6 with a 6k DA at 95degrees.
A bit disappointed honestly I was hoping lower 12s but I guess with that DA can't really expect much more. I've seen other SHOs run 12.8 with just a 3bar tune and a drop in.
So I took a 600 mile trip and I noticed that on long distance after parking over night the next morning on start up there was a huge cloud of white smoke smelled like nothing but burning oil. I checked my oil and noticed it was a bit overfilled  so maybe it was burning excess oil because it only did it that one time. But that was enough to get me to do the following...
I ordered about a week ago the xdi30 hpfp and ATP +2, turbosmart wastegates (not sure if I'm gonna end up using them or not). Waiting on pump and Turbos to arrive. I already sent my cores and ATP has received them now I'm just impatiently waiting.

I'm also considering getting the DW injectors, do you guys think there will be any benefit to getting the injectors as well?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...