• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

The SHO Shop offered 4 piston PBR calipers as an option for the 13" Baer Claw kit for the Gen 2's, IIRC.  I stuck with the 2 piston for cost reasons LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

I had one pic I was able to blow up and look at.

Apparently I need a photographer mod, lol.

I was able see through the hole in the caliper to see the piston which is NOT drilled.

I was unable to see the seals due to the angle.

Having had both types of brakes I don't think anyone will notice a difference unless the car is being tracked.

BoostfoSHO

So the power stop finally arrived but I haven't gotten around to put them on... Definitely not PP seals. But the powder coat is nice and heavy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

BoostfoSHO

Finally got them on, I'm not gonna lie it was back breaking pain in the ass, for some reason I struggled a lot with putting the pads on with the clips and stuff. I took them apart a while ago and had forgotten how they went. Now I have the bedding process, so I'm not sure how they perform yet.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

Hardwired my Uniden R3, I really love this radar has an unbelievable range.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Also detailed the ride inside and out.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

Very nice!  That white paint really is gorgeous!

BoostfoSHO

Played around with the cell phone picture edit.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Hey guys so I'm still having methanol problems. I called devil's own and they say that for my set up I should be using a no10 nozzle which equals to 940mil/min at 200psi... I'm currently running a no5 nozzle rated at 520/mil/min at 200psi... According to both tuners who I've tried to get my methanol tuned with my methanol is non existent. It does read in the KR part but as far as cooling goes nothing temps keep creeping up. I've tested the pump and it does spray progressively according to boost. I've taken the nozzle off the pipe and activated the controlled and I get a real heavy fan spray. Can y'all tell me what size nozzles is the norm? I am in Texas and temps have been above 100° and at 3k elevation. The devil's own guy said that alone is enough to be using the nozzle no10

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

StealBlueSho

Hmmm... are you still running that add on for vacuum line on top of the intake?

It positions the map sensor up higher..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 30, 2018, 05:52:57 PM
Hmmm... are you still running that add on for vacuum line on top of the intake?

It positions the map sensor up higher..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I removed that back when you told me that may be the issue... I'm leaning towards not enough spray. Maybe nozzle too small.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

The guys at devil's own did they formula to get nozzle sizing and said I need at least a no7... Maybe I have been stingy on spraying too little.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

The No 7 Nozzle sounds about right! 
DO7 (640ml/min) Micro Droplet Methanol Injection Nozzle. Flow tested at 200 PSI. Z

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/nozzles/182-outside-mount-nozzles-do7.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on May 30, 2018, 06:16:52 PM
The No 7 Nozzle sounds about right! Z
DO7 (640ml/min) Micro Droplet Methanol Injection Nozzle. Flow tested at 200 PSI.

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/nozzles/182-outside-mount-nozzles-do7.html
Nice glad to hear it from someone else. It's been driving me crazy not getting this thing dialed in right since I installed the meth kit.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...