• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoostfoSHO

Well I've unscrewed the line from the nozzle holder and placed it in an empty container and then added boost to the reference hose and it started the pump and meth came out the line at a decent rate. Idk how else to prime it. I don't have any loops where air bubble could hide in.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

StealBlueSho

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 09, 2018, 06:28:13 PM
Could having a trunk install be the case of my issue? I have a 3 gallon tank always full so even if the pump is about 2ibches higher than the tap line in the tank there's enough pressure to feed the pump. I have a check valve before the nozzle as well. Only thing I don't have is a solenoid check valve.

Dunno...not sure what else to check... the systems are really simple...you have verified that the nozzle is spraying correctly? Not just pulling the line off the nozzle?

BoostfoSHO

I know it's spraying I've already gone through 2 gallons just running logs and testing it. I also went a size up in nozzle and could tell the difference in how much I've needed to add.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

BoostfoSHO

That's the only thing I haven't checked is the way the nozzle sprays. It was a pain in the ass mounting the nozzle so it's near impossible to remove but I can change the insides of the nozzle which is the only component that makes the spray difference. I've got a new throttle to IC pipe hard pipe with the correct nozzle bung size and also that will remove the wastegate regulator mod.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Drianed my Catch can that I recently got, probably 2k miles. I think I need to do it sooner maybe every 1k. Love the drain hose. I don't even have to remove the can. It seems like it's alot so I checked my oil level still looks good. I'll inspect the turbos next time im under the car.
I'm due for an oil change asap I'm at over 5k miles but I garaged the car yesterday to stop adding to it. Just haven't had time to change it. I use AMSOIL as well. Maybe this Sunday I'll change it and also the RDU and PTU.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

were ambient temps low during this time?  def quite a bit of "catch".
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 23, 2018, 09:20:55 AM
were ambient temps low during this time?  def quite a bit of "catch".
Not really but the day goes from 40f to 80f or 90f I live in the desert so cold mornings hot days. I have been driving like a bat out of hell trying to get my meth right. I step on it every chance I get.
I'm gonna be inspecting the turbos soon so I'll find out for sure if they're in good condition or bad.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

X2 Great catch indeed! Hows the oil level ?  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on April 23, 2018, 09:33:24 AM
Hows the oil level ?  Z
I've been keeping up with it and it's full hasn't dropped any even at over 5k miles since last change.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Installed my EBC rotors, changed the oil and changed the RDU fluid. Tuesday I'm changing the PTU fluid. I didn't feel like removing the downpipe today since I didn't have gloves I didn't want to get fiber glass all over my hands from the downpipes wrap.

Question. I want to get my calipers powder coated but is there a special way to remove the rubber boots from the calipers the ones on the Pistons and the ones on the bracket?  I don't know if it's ok to send them to get coated and baked with the rubber boots on.

Also if you remove all 4 calipers for the coating how did y'all manage to keep the brake fluid from draining? I bought some hose clamps but the hoses are pretty hard I didn't feel comfortable pinching them too much.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

Definitely would not want the boots on the the baking process.  Too much continuous heat for too long.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 29, 2018, 08:20:55 PM
Definitely would not want the boots on the the baking process.  Too much continuous heat for too long.
Any tips on removing the boots? Or do you think I should just paint them and call it a day... Maybe not worth the hassle for coating. Even though I found a place that does it for cheaper than the cost of the paint.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

I just found some rebuild kits for the calipers that include all new boots I guess I will take them apart to get them powder coated.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

Make sure the seals are for the PP calipers.  They are brownish-orange in color.  The calipers are not a smooth surface, if I were to powercoat, I would sand them down first to make it worth it. 
https://smile.amazon.com/Temperature-Brake-Caliper-Paint-System/dp/B004BQ87YK/

BoostfoSHO

These are the ones I got, I couldn't find the front in the orange but it does say they're for the PP model.
I've never got anything powder coated before so thanks for the tip on the sanding.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...