• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

I don't see why not...You just won't get the full benefit of the good stuff...Maybe just do another drain and fill in the summer.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BoostfoSHO

Sounds good. I wonder if Ford sells the tranny filter. Makes me wants to take it down for a full fluid and filter change. I can't find any info online on the Ford parts website about a tranny filter.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

SHOdded

You won't find a filter because there isn't any.  There is a SCREEN that can be replaced or so I hear.  But to do that you have to crack open the case halves.  Will require way more than a 12 pk of beer to get THAT done.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

Hey guys so I'm near ready to install my methanol but I got an issue that I just noticed. Since I bought the EPP hot pipes used from a forum member I didn't have a choice on a meth bung size and it came with a 1/4IN bung but the nozzles are 1/8 so I'm trying to figure out how to make it work. What do y'all recommend getting a reducer from 1/4in npt to 1/8npt or getting a new 1/8bung welded on the pipe, I called devil's own to ask around and they said the reducer might work but it could cause the nozzle to be recessed in the reducer and not mist correctly. Why is a 1/4 bung offered on the hot pipes when the nozzles are 1/8?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

Macgyver

You could flare out the inside of the 1/4" reducer and maybe that would not hinder the spray pattern?

ZSHO

Its an option of 1/4" or 1/8" Bung depending on the nozzle but if the orifice was small you can certainly drill it out and re-tapped it ! Dunno!

What size nozzle are you running?  hope it's not the SNOW Performance nozzle and would avoid @ all costs!
I would also take the necessary precautions as sometimes the Meth Bungs do not have the correct Thread pattern to install your nozzle! would verify confirm fitment!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

Well the pipes I got have the 1/4bung and my nozzles are 1/8th so they don't fit. The hole is way too big so I don't see how drilling and trapping would work. And yes they are snow nozzles but if that's an issue I can buy whatever brand you guys recommend. I already bought the devil's own top housing assembly for the pump and bought stainless braided lines with 4an fittings. Didn't end any leaks with the push in fittings. So what nozzles should I buy?
I'm thinking I'll just have to get the bung welded and cap the one the pipes came with.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Should I get devil's own or prometh nozzles? Also I haven't gotten into the size of cc yet. Which sizes should I go with?

From reading other posts I've concluded anywhere from 375cc to 500cc is enough so I've added their nozzles to my list to cover that gap now I just need a brand recommended, I'm leaning towards devil's own they seem to sell quality products judging from the few things I've already bought from them.

So upon further reading devil's own rates their nozzles at 200psi and prometh at 100psi, the pump I have from snow says it's a 300psi pump will this affect the rate of the nozzle spray?

I've also decided to spray 100% meth instead of the boost juice of that makes any difference. I just got a 5gal of VP m1

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

I would ask Devils Own or Alky Controls for recommendations.  But here is a build thread from polskifacet that nay be of help

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7993.0.html

Definitely want to rightsize the nozzle to get good atomization and flow.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

hey guys so ive been feeling my car running like s***. heres a log from tonight can yall give me some insight as to what is wrong, i know from tuning with brad that my either my wastegate is bad or my turbo ive checked for leaks and fixed a few that i found but no improvement on the wastegate duty cycle coming down to normal.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on February 12, 2018, 09:22:06 PM
hey guys so ive been feeling my car running like s***.

Could you expand on this a bit?

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:20:44 PM
5 gear multi?

Well played sir!
What does this mean ?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:23:13 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on February 12, 2018, 09:22:06 PM
hey guys so ive been feeling my car running like s***.

Could you expand on this a bit?
Well feels kind of sluggish doesn't respond as well as I remember, it maybe that I've been tuned for a couple months and got used to it since I dog on it pretty hard once or twice a day. But it feels like it's missing the punch. Maybe it's just me maybe I need to just install the methanol and see where it goes from there.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:25:56 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 12, 2018, 11:20:44 PM
5 gear multi?

Well played sir!
What does this mean ?

Ive never see a 130MPH street log with 5 gears.