• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on March 26, 2018, 06:13:19 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on March 26, 2018, 06:06:12 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 26, 2018, 06:00:08 PM
I'm not liking the signs of that!! Check the motor oil level to make sure she's nice n full.
Based on the first Pic the radiator hose might need some attention IMO.  Z
I did check the engine oil and it's right where it should be it hasn't been burning oil or anything. That stain on the radiator hose is oil from the BOV dripping there. The hose it self is fine

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Where did you purchase the Tial BOV ? Thanks  Z
I got the whole hot pipe set used traded it off someone from the forums for my factory pipes plus some cash. I've had it for about 4 months

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

BoostfoSHO

Quick wash inside and out to enjoy this nice weather.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on June 28, 2017, 07:20:58 PM
I think this guy also used a Brass Tee as mentioned above. Z

Hey guys so I'm assuming because of my boost reference adapter my map sensor isn't picking up any cooling,so if I have to remove the BRA would it be ok to T off 3 line off of that one in the video ? I need sources for my meth controller, BOV, and wastegate regulator mod. Attached is a picture of my current set-up. I haven't cut the hoses to lebght yet waiting to see if it will stay this way or if I need to modify.

Would something like this work if I want to tie into that line that's  being tapped in on the video ?

Seem like a great option to replace my boost reference adapter.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Would something like this work as long as all the fittings have the correct sizes that one is just off the internet to connect to the break boost line and then from there have a line for the BOV and wastegate regulator mod and the methanol controller ?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

@ .-.BoostfoSHO sorry for the late response but maybe something like this!  in any event shoot Tommy an email below he's really good people.  Z 

https://www.full-race.com/store/borg-warner-efr/efr-components/borgwarner-efr-boost-control-solenoid-replacement-kit-2/

ThomasCorell@fullrace.com

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

derfdog15

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 01, 2018, 11:31:45 PM
Would something like this work as long as all the fittings have the correct sizes that one is just off the internet to connect to the break boost line and then from there have a line for the BOV and wastegate regulator mod and the methanol controller ?

A vacuum tree would work fine but IMO is a lot more than you need. IIRC you have EPP hotpipes right? If so, there MAY be a 1/8 NPT fitting under your MAP sensor (mine had one when I got it but IDK when he started putting them there). If you do, you can run your BOV reference from that, since its pretty close (you can get an 1/8 NPT to 1/4NPT male to male fitting (straight fitting), then a 1/4NPT female to 1/4 hose barb  (90 degree), and run 1/4 line to the BOV. Then on the brake booster, they make a form of T that is actually a cross, you can use the cross block, with two 1/4 NPT x 5/8 Hose barb (if I recall size correctly) to tap into the stock hose, and two 1/4 NPT x 1/4 hose barb to run 1/4 hose to the wastegate regulator mod and the meth controller.

I have somewhat of a parts list and some pics littered throughout this thread: https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7171.msg109449.html#msg109449

there were a few others that chimed in with other suggestions and parts/pics as well.

Good luck
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: derfdog15 on April 02, 2018, 11:45:08 AM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 01, 2018, 11:31:45 PM

A vacuum tree would work fine but IMO is a lot more than you need. IIRC you have EPP hotpipes right? If so, there MAY be a 1/8 NPT fitting under your MAP sensor (mine had one when I got it but IDK when he started putting them there). If you do, you can run your BOV reference from that, since its pretty close (you can get an 1/8 NPT to 1/4NPT male to male fitting (straight fitting), then a 1/4NPT female to 1/4 hose barb  (90 degree), and run 1/4 line to the BOV. Then on the brake booster, they make a form of T that is actually a cross, you can use the cross block, with two 1/4 NPT x 5/8 Hose barb (if I recall size correctly) to tap into the stock hose, and two 1/4 NPT x 1/4 hose barb to run 1/4 hose to the wastegate regulator mod and the meth controller.

I have somewhat of a parts list and some pics littered throughout this thread: https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7171.msg109449.html#msg109449

there were a few others that chimed in with other suggestions and parts/pics as well.

Good luck
Yea I had read about the tap under the sensor but my pipes doesn't have it. I think they were the early gen. I've looked at alot of fitting and I could use a cross type but then I would have to add another T to get a total of 3 outlets. I figured this would be the best option since it comes with plugs for the remaining outlets. If I ever need more I could use them.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

derfdog15

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 02, 2018, 11:51:30 AM
Yea I had read about the tap under the sensor but my pipes doesn't have it. I think they were the early gen. I've looked at alot of fitting and I could use a cross type but then I would have to add another T to get a total of 3 outlets. I figured this would be the best option since it comes with plugs for the remaining outlets. If I ever need more I could use them.

In that case my recommendation would be to get rubber line (flexible line, 3/8 (not 5/8 as I previously said)), and the correct fittings to replace the stock booster line (which is a hard plastic, and a PITA to but into/modify, and even worse to try and re-route. Run from the first fitting to your tree, and back, then add your additional sources on the tree (and mount it in the back of the bay against the firewall so it looks stock. The foxbody mustangs actually used a vacuum tree setup which you almost don't notice in the engine bay, but they are on the lower portion of the firewall basically next to the master cylinder and booster.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

BoostfoSHO

Ya that's my plan replacing the hard plastic kind with rubber hose and the tree in between or just cutting in the back end where it's already rubber and placing the tree there but it would be a cleaner install replacing the hard line so it can be screwed into the back fire wall

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Has any one tapped into the line that feeds the body solenoid?
I've been giving it and thought and I just don't know how to feel about messing with the break booster line

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

bpd1151

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 02, 2018, 07:48:34 PM I just don't know how to feel about messing with the brake booster line.

Why not tap the brake booster line?

Super easy peasy and from reading through the thread, you're over complicating this entire process.

FWIW, my brake booster line has been tapped and utilized as boost reference for nearly 7yrs now w/o any issues whatsoever.

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 02, 2018, 08:28:34 PM

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 02, 2018, 07:48:34 PM I just don't know how to feel about messing with the brake booster line.

Why not tap the brake booster line?

Super easy peasy and from reading through the thread, you're over complicating this entire process.

FWIW, my brake booster line has been tapped and utilized as boost reference for nearly 7yrs now w/o any issues whatsoever.
I just feel like 3 outlets would be a burden to the line. Would it mess with the brakes any?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

bpd1151

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 02, 2018, 08:30:47 PMI just feel like 3 outlets would be a burden to the line. Would it mess with the brakes any?

I wouldn't believe so.

As long as your connections are solid, and you you cap the unused outlets off (presuming you're purchasing that contraption you posted an image to).

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 02, 2018, 08:33:50 PM

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 02, 2018, 08:30:47 PMI just feel like 3 outlets would be a burden to the line. Would it mess with the brakes any?

I wouldn't believe so.

As long as your connections are solid, and you you cap the unused outlets off (presuming you're purchasing that contraption you posted an image to).
Yes I purchased that manifold I posted. I bought 3/8id hose so I'm thinking I'm just gonna cut the hard plastic and replace it with hose. If I cut the hard plastic hose from the connector pictured can I just slide the 3/8th hose in ?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

bpd1151

I tapped mine here, and added a T.

Biggest line for best consistent reference.