• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on September 27, 2018, 07:02:04 AM
Does anyone here have the ATPs with turbos smart wastegates? Is it even possible to upgrade the wastegates on the ATPs? Any pictures of the set up and or idea how to properly adjust the wastegates would be appreciated.

Edit: I found out the ATP wastegate is already an updated version so no need for the turbosmart

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
It will require a Tune update IIRC! Provided you work with your tuner! The stock IWG actuators are 4lb springs and have a good amount of preload set from the factory.
The Turbosmart-IWG are 7lb springs AFAIK! Dunno. Best of luck and indeed look awesome.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on September 27, 2018, 09:42:34 AM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on September 27, 2018, 07:02:04 AM
Does anyone here have the ATPs with turbos smart wastegates? Is it even possible to upgrade the wastegates on the ATPs? Any pictures of the set up and or idea how to properly adjust the wastegates would be appreciated.

Edit: I found out the ATP wastegate is already an updated version so no need for the turbosmart

It will require a Tune update IIRC! Provided you work with yourTuner! The stock IWG actuators are 4lb springs and have a good amount of preload set from the factory. The Turbosmart--IWG are 7lb springs AFAIK! Dunno.  Z
The ATPs have a bent rod design on their wastegate and the turbosmart or factory wastegates doesn't that's what my main concern is. I'm sure if it installation was possible then matt could tune them. But Mike B told me the ATPs already have an upgraded wastegate to match the bigger turbos.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

BoostfoSHO

They've finally arrived. Bc coilovers with Swift spring upgrade in the front and rear spring, which I find weird because every other place I looked only offered the Swift spring upgrade for the front.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

bpd1151

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on September 27, 2018, 07:11:47 PM
They've finally arrived. Bc coilovers with Swift spring upgrade in the front and rear spring, which I find weird because every other place I looked only offered the Swift spring upgrade for the front.

Interested to hear of your experiences with these, as I will likely have to consider these very same options (& spring upgrades) when it comes time to replacing my Megan's.

Plus I have the added weight of the sound system now to boot.

Part #'s would be great if you don't mind providing those for the community's edification. TIA. :thumb:

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 27, 2018, 07:33:42 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on September 27, 2018, 07:11:47 PM

Interested to hear of your experiences with these, as I will likely have to consider these very same options (& spring upgrades) when it comes time to replacing my Megan's.

Plus I have the added weight of the sound system now to boot.

Part #'s would be great if you don't mind providing those for the community's edification. TIA. :thumb:

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'll definitely follow up once I get them installed.

I got the E30BR sho coil over and the Swift strings are front: 622203 6k Swift
Rear: 62178 8k swift

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

At least the fronts will swap in SWIFTly for you :D  so much easier on 2013+ compared to 2010-12.  Take the opportunity to inspect hubs and clean/grease as needed.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

A few more pictures. And also I scheduled the installation for next week, this I'm not messing with and installing my self since there's no alignment shop anywhere near I'll have the shop install and align it.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

802SHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on September 28, 2018, 07:05:34 PM
A few more pictures. And also I scheduled the installation for next week this I'm not messing with and installing my selfsince there's no alignem shop anywhere near I'll have the shop install and align it.

Having a shop install is so nice.  Drop off, pick up done!  And exciting to pull up and see it outside lowered!!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

BoostfoSHO

Finally installed the ATPs and changed spark plugs and brake pads. Fresh oil as well.

8 hours total with a few breaks in between. Didn't need to drop the subframe. So that was good.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

Jordan

You pull the passenger axle to fit those puppies in?
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: Jordan on October 01, 2018, 12:21:45 AM
You pull the passenger axle to fit those puppies in?
Yes, pulled the axle out and it fit right in.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

Good work, Boost, and good catch, Jordan!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

With the passenger axle out, how hard was it to replace the rear turbo? Honestly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 01, 2018, 09:01:00 AM
With the passenger axle out, how hard was it to replace the rear turbo? Honestly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you remove the axle and the bracket that holds the axle... The one shown in the last picture is not hard to remove the turbo just remove the heat shield like in the front turbo then remove the bolts from the turbo to manifold and it slides right out. The front one took about hour and half to 2 hours the rear one did take about 3 then the rest was all just putting it back together

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

So after my first log Matt is telling me I have a boost leak. I'm gonna go over all my clamps and connections.

do you guys have any way of pressure testing the system to test for leaks?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...