• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Strange, wonder why that changed ... 

Looks like the same part number tho going back to the image from RockAuto that you posted.  Amazon says it is PERFORMANCE CALIPERS, not PERFORMANCE PACKAGE CALIPERS, RockAuto says it doesn't work with the PP package.  I would call up Power Stop and ask them directly, TBH.  Not that I don't trust Fomoco :D but doesn't hurt to get the mfr to verify.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

Someone showed me these from their 2013pp but my 2015pp look like these.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

SHOdded

Cost cutting move maybe?

The seals definitely look orangeish on both?  The calipers mrhighcaliber got also did not have drilled pistons, but did have orangeish seals on them.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on May 18, 2018, 06:20:20 AM
Cost cutting move maybe?
Could be, hell they did it on the map sensor by saving one screw maybe this is the same thing. Or could be the cross drilling made them prone to cracks like the rotors do.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

SHOdded

I guess the seals need to be sorted out then, whether they have been upgraded or downgraded across the board.  Ugh.

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on May 18, 2018, 06:20:20 AM
Cost cutting move maybe?

The seals definitely look orangeish on both?  The calipers mrhighcaliber got also did not have drilled pistons, but did have orangeish seals on them.
Mine were orange seals for sure... Is mrhighcaliber the owner of that picture? Cause the person that posted that on FB said their replacement didn't have cross drilled either but we didn't talk about the seals.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

yes he posted those pics originally on shoforum when he was upgrading his gen 4 brakes.

Centric does list 2 different part numbers for the pistons, but of course, no specifics given

Brake Caliper Piston   Steel and Aluminum Caliper Pistons   SHO   exc Perf Pkg   Front    146.48046   
Brake Caliper Piston   Steel and Aluminum Caliper Pistons   SHO   Perf Pkg   Front     146.48057   

There is a price difference, no idea on availability
https://www.finditparts.com/products/7415141/centric-146-dot-48056
https://www.finditparts.com/products/7414647/centric-146-dot-48057

BoostfoSHO

So I just picked up the bad calipers from the coater so I can use as a core. They paid $350 out of the $400 bucks for new calipers. So I guess I'm out time and $50 bucks better than nothing though.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

sure beats arguing and fingerpointing as a deathmatch!

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on May 18, 2018, 03:10:31 PM
sure beats arguing and fingerpointing as a deathmatch!
Most definitely specially since I was expecting around $200 tops.
I called power stop to verify the seal stuff and they were no help at all. They just said it's factory rebuild. I still went ahead and ordered through Rock Auto at $330 after core return so not bad at all considering I'll have $20 bucks left.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on May 18, 2018, 03:36:28 PM
We will find out soon enough LOL
Do you think the seals are really that important wether they're from a pp or non PP? I mean I don't track the car at all just maybe 1/4 here and there and some street pulls. There's a bunch of ppl running out there being non PP

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

Probably not under your stated conditions, but it's like having marble and then deciding to replace with vinyl (to me).  If I have a higher performance trim, I expect to maintain that accordingly.  It is possible tho that Ford has quietly done away with the differences.  But at least the seals are still different per mrhighcaliber's pics.

StealBlueSho

Makes me want to check the calipers on mine..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 18, 2018, 04:53:03 PM
Makes me want to check the calipers on mine..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Need those dual piston 48-mm calipers!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|