• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoostfoSHO

So of course with my luck on anything regarding mods to this car. They fucked up my calipers at the powder coat place. The idiots coated the inside of the Piston area and the inside where tree guide pins go. FML they said they can fix it and take the coating off those parts but I know I'm gonna have to buy new calipers.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

I should have know better and just paint them at home. It so hard to find capable and experienced people and their jobs where the oil field is at. There is so much demand for employees that employers hire anyone and no training given cause of extremely high turn over rates and the one screwed is the consumer.
I specifically told them where not to coat and even taped off the Piston area and what do they do?  They remove my tape and cost the whole thing.

I got a quote at the dealer and it's $414 bucks for new calipers I hope they'll at least go halfs with me so I won't be out too much. But I have a feeling they're not even gonna help with a penny because they said they didn't specialized in calipers but we're willing to give it a try.

Do y'all think if they removed the coating and sanded the inside of the calipers they would be usable? I would think as long as the rubber seal and boot keeps the Piston inside and doesn't leak oil they should be good, no?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

lamrith

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on May 16, 2018, 04:10:18 PM
I should have know better and just paint them at home. It so hard to find capable and experienced people and their jobs where the oil field is at. There is so much demand for employees that employers hire anyone and no training given cause of extremely high turn over rates and the one screwed is the consumer.
I specifically told them where not to coat and even taped off the Piston area and what do they do?  They remove my tape and cost the whole thing.

I got a quote at the dealer and it's $414 bucks for new calipers I hope they'll at least go halfs with me so I won't be out too much. But I have a feeling they're not even gonna help with a penny because they said they didn't specialized in calipers but we're willing to give it a try.

Do y'all think if they removed the coating and sanded the inside of the calipers they would be usable? I would think as long as the rubber seal and boot keeps the Piston inside and doesn't leak oil they should be good, no?

They should go more than half, if they cannot remove the coating and make them usable it is on them.  THEY are supposed to be the experts, if they have not powder coated calibers before it sounds like they should not have taken the job until they knew how.  Compounding that is that you went out of your way to prep for them and they  then messed it up.  May very well have been a new guy that didn't know or not trained yet making a bad decision on his own without asking.  It happens, BUT that does not mean YOU the customer should be out anything more than a longer wait while they fix it.

I work in a service industry and that is just the way it goes, if we make a mistake WE make it right, not push the $ back on customer.

Hoping for a good outcome for you!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: lamrith on May 16, 2018, 04:58:49 PM

They should go more than half, if they cannot remove the coating and make them usable it is on them.  THEY are supposed to be the experts, if they have not powder coated calibers before it sounds like they should not have taken the job until they knew how.  Compounding that is that you went out of your way to prep for them and they  then messed it up.  May very well have been a new guy that didn't know or not trained yet making a bad decision on his own without asking.  It happens, BUT that does not mean YOU the customer should be out anything more than a longer wait while they fix it.

I work in a service industry and that is just the way it goes, if we make a mistake WE make it right, not push the $ back on customer.

I sure hope they hear you. Around my area they don't care about the little guys they have contacts with oil companies and that's where 99% of their jobs are coming in from. They were already giving me an attitude about how the powder paint was worth more than what they charged me to coat them.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

lamrith

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on May 16, 2018, 05:05:39 PM
Quote from: lamrith on May 16, 2018, 04:58:49 PM

I sure hope they hear you. Around my area they don't care about the little guys they have contacts with oil companies and that's where 99% of their jobs are coming in from. They were already giving me an attitude about how the powder paint was worth more than what they charged me to coat them.

Man, now it makes more sense.  Sorry to hear that
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Colorado-SHOBro

in an aim to work things out amicably i would propose they buy these new calipers for you just to be done with it. much cheaper and no headache for them. and even if they won't deal with you at all i think it's you're easiest/cheapest solution.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

SHOdded

BoostfoSHO

So I know the calipers don't make a difference wether pp or not on a 13+ since it's only the pads. But I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger on these that they are correct since they state not performance package... Any help please?  Definitely cheaper than dealer or Amazon and even cheaper after returning the cores.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

no no no.  the OEM front calipers do have AT LEAST 2 differences between the PP and non-PP types on 2013+.  First there is the drilled pistons, and second there is the higher temp seals.  There is no difference for 2010-12, except for pads.

RockAuto does have the PP calipers, their catalog can be funky so you have to search by part number (S5468 in this case)

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/power+stop,S5468,caliper,1704

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on May 18, 2018, 06:02:03 AM
no no no.  the OEM front calipers do have AT LEAST 2 differences between the PP and non-PP types on 2013+.  First there is the drilled pistons, and second there is the higher temp seals.  There is no difference for 2010-12, except for pads.
My 2015 PP didn't have cross drilled Pistons so that's no biggie.  Would ordering those powerstop one still be ok though?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...