• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derfdog15

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on December 04, 2017, 04:18:39 PM
Do you think I need to change the spring ? Is it common to change them if you're tuned?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I never ran my car with the -10, I swapped to the -8 before I started, based on the recommendation I saw from ZSHO and another member or two at that time. Many people have been fine with the -10. You can use the chart I linked (http://www.tialsport.com/documents/w3_tial_qqr_sp.pdf) to see your resting vacuum. Using your tuner you can get an idea of the vacuum value at idle, or if you have a boost gauge it is even easier. The main difference between the -10 and the -8 is the response of the BOV. The -10 is set for a slightly higher amount of vacuum so it opens slightly later. The -8 looks for slightly lower vacuum and opens quicker.

EDIT: You may actually want to get a straight 1/8" NPT to 1/4" hose barb for the port I mentioned. (something like this: https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/69920)

Alternatively you can get an 1/8" NPT to 1/4" NPT straight fitting, with a coupler (female 1/4" on both sides), and then 1/4" NPT to hose barb with a 45 or 90 degree angle depending on how you feel about routing the hose.  A 45 or 90 degree would have been easier for what I did, but it wouldnt clear the MAP sensor hence the need for the straight extension.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: derfdog15 on December 04, 2017, 04:18:36 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on December 04, 2017, 04:04:27 PM
Ok, I've been driving without it already. The guy I traded said he never put his on and drove withouth it.
I'll make sure to put one on today then.
Do you know about the spring inside and it's boost limits?

Oh lord. No wonder it had a blown rear diff. That guy did NOT know how to treat that car. There should be a line from that port on top of the tial to a MAP reference. You can either get the reference from the brake booster (near the rear left of the engine). Alternatively, on the hot pipes you have, there is a small plug, with an allen head (that takes 1/8" NPT threaded bungs) located right underneath the map sensor. Get yourself a few hose fittings to put in that location (my recommendation is a 45 degree, into a barb, or a 90 degree into a barb) and then from that a small 1/4" diameter hose to the tial. Alternatively there are MAP adapters, like this: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/TS-0720-1005-2013-2016-F150-3-5L-EcoBoost-Turbosmart-MAP-Sensor-Boost-Reference-Adapter.html

The MAP adapter will not allow for the engine cover to be put in place however.

There is a lot more in this thread of mine than you need, but post #109 has a few pictures of the connection I recommend, to the bung under the MAP sensor on that Tial Q 50mm. You should have either a -10 or -8 spring in place, it comes with a -10 from Eco Power Parts. Myself and ZSHO went to the -8 for better response.

The following chart has the correct colors, etc. A new spring is ~$30 bucks, but it can be a bit of a pain to swap them, or to check them. Also, you need to be very careful opening the tial up, as the spring is under extreme pressure and it can take an eye out, or worse. http://www.tialsport.com/documents/w3_tial_qqr_sp.pdf

Let us know if you have any further questions!
I already have that boost reference adapter sitting in my garage with the wastegate mod since I haven't installed it...  could use that BRA to the BOV and just plug it where the 3bar map sensor goes?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

ZSHO

Jesus Don't worry about the Spring rate rather Focus on getting the proper source for vacuum reference as suggested by me and Derfdog!

Did you ever wonder why the seller of the Tial BOV/Hotpipes was such in a rush to sell the parts!!!!!!!!!!!!
FYI might have to move this Topic.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

I traded my stock pipes for the hot ones from shohard on this forum. He was trading his car in all stock...

I got the BRA so if I understood correctly I can use that and just place it under the 3bar map on the manifold. I don't care if the engine cover can't be placed back on. I already have it off.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

AJP turbo

Bov spring rates are based on vacuum..boost really doesn't matter...now if you are talking about the spring in the wastegate mod for the intake that will matter when it comes to boost...springs for bov are pretty standard as most normal road cars will idle somewhere around 15-20 inhg vac
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 04, 2017, 04:54:34 PM
Bov spring rates are based on vacuum..boost really doesn't matter...now if you are talking about the spring in the wastegate mod for the intake that will matter when it comes to boost...springs for bov are pretty standard as most normal road cars will idle somewhere around 15-20 inhg vac
Alright I guess I'm good with the -10spring it comes with thanks Brad. I sent you a couple pulls for revisions yesterday btw

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Just to be clear do I put the BRA to the 3bar map sensor on the top of the manifold or to the sensor on the pipe before throttle body?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

Do you have any pics of the BRA To confirm fitment ? Z
I think you might have to shave it down a bit in order to fit IIRC.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

This is the one I got.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on December 04, 2017, 06:34:37 PM
This is the one I got.

Same as this?  If so just connect a 1/4 - 6mm ID Hose From Bra to Tial BOV. 
I think you might need to shave it down a bit in order to fit inside the intake plenum.  Z

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/TS-0720-1005-2013-2016-F150-3-5L-EcoBoost-Turbosmart-MAP-Sensor-Boost-Reference-Adapter.html

BoostfoSHO

It's already been shaven down by MiWiAu whom I bought the wastegate mod from. I got it hooked up thank you.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

I just wanted to confirm that the Hose from the Tial BOV will then connect to the BRA on TOP of the intake manifold plenum for vacuum reference in conjunction with the 3-bar map. 

Best of luck and any question feel free to ask.  Z

]https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5893.0.html

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on December 04, 2017, 07:24:05 PM
I just wanted to confirm that the Hose from the Tial BOV will then connect to the BRA on TOP of the intake manifold plenum for vacuum reference in conjunction with the 3-bar map.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5893.0.html

Yes that's how I got it thank you z

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

Cool  8)  just wanted to confirm/verify! enjoy and welcome to the Dark-side.  Z
Here's my very own video:)http://youtu.be/HWCgElUB3wU

BoostfoSHO

Nice I get to hear that now as well. My gas mileage has dropped though i want to hear it at all times

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...