• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BoostfoSHO 2015 SHO Build thread!

Started by BoostfoSHO, November 25, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoostfoSHO

What's up everyone. I git a 15 SHO PP about 3 months and the first month and half it spent it at the dealership with a blown rear differential. Took 2 trips to the dealership first they replaced the entire steering assembly and it didn't fix the issue, even though I had told the tech it was the rear diff binding together he ignored my diagnosis. So I went to another dealer and they listened and found the rear diff full of shavings and missing teeth. So they replaced all the rear drive unit.

Now I've had the car back for about 3 weeks finally and so far i have installed

Air raid intake
3bar map
OBX downpipes
160tstat
And tuned by AJP Turbo

Waiting to be installed is
a snow meth kit stage 2
electric exhaust cutouts
MSD ignition coils
Colder sparkplugs

I painted the chrome in the front grill and the rear red with some plastidip and i hated it so I took it off. Found a less colorful red and tried again. So far I'm leaving it but I think I'm gonna go with a black.

Any comments or tips are welcomed.

Thank you all.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

ZSHO

Welcome aboard the E.B.P.F BoostfoSHO!  Nice looking SHO and truly glad to have you on board.  Z   :WELCOME:
I do love Red as you can tell but would honestly go with the black trim instead.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on November 25, 2017, 06:57:13 PM
Welcome aboard the E.B.P.F BoostfoSHO!  Nice looking SHO and truly glad to have you on board.  Z   :WELCOME:
Thank you very much. Looking forward to being a million question asker lol

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on November 25, 2017, 06:59:12 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on November 25, 2017, 06:57:13 PM
Thank you very much. Looking forward to being a million question asker lol

Shoot!. Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

f8tlSHO

+1 for ajp!!! Yeah black also I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

PDSHO

2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

BoostfoSHO

Does anyone know if it's necessary to plug a vacuum hose to the Tial BOV? I traded them and don't have instructions. Also do I need to change the springs if I'm boosting a bit more from a tune ?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on December 04, 2017, 03:51:21 PM
Does anyone know if it's necessary to plug a vacuum hose to the Tial BOV? I traded them and don't have instructions. Also do I need to change the springs if I'm boosting a bit more from a tune ?

DO NOT DRIVE it without properly connecting a vacuum Hose!
What spring rate do you have ? color ?  Z

BoostfoSHO

Ok, I've been driving without it already. The guy I traded said he never put his on and drove withouth it.
I'll make sure to put one on today then.
Do you know about the spring inside and it's boost limits?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

I don't know. I never opened it. I installed it as soon as I got them, I'm assuming it's the default one from EPP.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on December 04, 2017, 04:04:27 PM
Ok, I've been driving without it already. The guy I traded said he never put his on and drove withouth it.

I would not worry about the Spring rate @ the moment but would be more concerned
about finding the correct source for vacuum reference for the Tial BOV!
What spring rate do you have?  any idea what color of the actual spring ?
It's probably a -10 psi spring rate with the Tial BOV IIRC.

Feel Free to start a new Thread.  Z

BoostfoSHO

Ok I'll see about opening it later today to check it out.
Thank you.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

derfdog15

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on December 04, 2017, 04:04:27 PM

Oh lord. No wonder it had a blown rear diff. That guy did NOT know how to treat that car. There should be a line from that port on top of the tial to a MAP reference. You can either get the reference from the brake booster (near the rear left of the engine). Alternatively, on the hot pipes you have, there is a small plug, with an allen head (that takes 1/8" NPT threaded bungs) located right underneath the map sensor. Get yourself a few hose fittings to put in that location (my recommendation is a 45 degree, into a barb, or a 90 degree into a barb) and then from that a small 1/4" diameter hose to the tial. Alternatively there are MAP adapters, like this: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/TS-0720-1005-2013-2016-F150-3-5L-EcoBoost-Turbosmart-MAP-Sensor-Boost-Reference-Adapter.html

The MAP adapter will not allow for the engine cover to be put in place however.

There is a lot more in this thread of mine than you need, but post #109 has a few pictures of the connection I recommend, to the bung under the MAP sensor on that Tial Q 50mm. You should have either a -10 or -8 spring in place, it comes with a -10 from Eco Power Parts. Myself and ZSHO went to the -8 for better response.

The following chart has the correct colors, etc. A new spring is ~$30 bucks, but it can be a bit of a pain to swap them, or to check them. Also, you need to be very careful opening the tial up, as the spring is under extreme pressure and it can take an eye out, or worse. http://www.tialsport.com/documents/w3_tial_qqr_sp.pdf

Let us know if you have any further questions!
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

BoostfoSHO

Do you think I need to change the spring ? Is it common to change them if you're tuned?

Edit: i just read your last post, thank you for the information

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...