• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Leaking Transmission??

Started by Chris_Flex, November 24, 2017, 11:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_Flex

Came home last night and noticed alittle puddle of trans fluid or ptu fluid on my garage floor. 56k miles glad I paid for the extended warranty. Be the first time for the flex to go to the dealer for repair. Anyone else have the same leak?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

pmezo33

Definitely trans fluid.  Does it look like it could be dripping from anywhere else?  I'd just bring it in and let them deal with it since it's under warranty.

Chris_Flex

Quote from: pmezo33 on November 24, 2017, 11:44:40 PM
Definitely trans fluid.  Does it look like it could be dripping from anywhere else?  I'd just bring it in and let them deal with it since it's under warranty.
Laying underneath didn't look like it was coming from above from what I could see looks like the seal between in the case

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

pmezo33

Quote from: ChrisxEco on November 25, 2017, 12:03:52 AM
Quote from: pmezo33 on November 24, 2017, 11:44:40 PM
Laying underneath didn't look like it was coming from above from what I could see looks like the seal between in the case

Very possible.  Just have them deal with.  Sucks, but at least you won't have to pay for anything.

SHOdded

Haven't heard of a casing leak, but have heard of the occasional torque converter housing seal leak on Gen 2 (2015+) Edge Sports.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

The Fluid looks original!  Probably a good time to have it changed anyways!
Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

dubcitySHO

I've had axle seal issues, but never a leak from the case.  My trans has been replaced under warranty due to a bad torque converter though. 

Revert to stock, and let your warranty do its thing!  :thumb:
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

Chris_Flex

Dropped the flex off earlier this week for 2 days since I had it there I told them about my foggy backup camera i had they put new camera in they tightened 2 of the case bolts on the transmission saying they were loose that's why it was leaking(didn't believe them) so I brought it home and the next morning it's still leaking so now it's back there til next  week they are taking the transmission out and resealing it. Thank you warranty!

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

SHOdded

Hope they do a good job!  Probably a good reason to call Ford and ask for an explanation for the leak.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

f8tlSHO

Quote from: ChrisxEco on December 09, 2017, 12:23:36 AM
Dropped the flex off earlier this week for 2 days since I had it there I told them about my foggy backup camera i had they put new camera in they tightened 2 of the case bolts on the transmission saying they were loose that's why it was leaking(didn't believe them) so I brought it home and the next morning it's still leaking so now it's back there til next  week they are taking the transmission out and resealing it. Thank you warranty!

What dealer did you take it to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

ZSHO

Sometimes tightening the bolts could ultimately potentiate to a greater leak especially with a worn out brittle gasket.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Chris_Flex

Quote from: f8tlSHO on December 09, 2017, 07:33:21 AM

Chapman on Columbia Ave

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

f8tlSHO

Quote from: ChrisxEco on December 09, 2017, 08:55:19 AM
Quote from: f8tlSHO on December 09, 2017, 07:33:21 AM

Chapman on Columbia Ave

That's the one I bought my car at, my brother is good friends with the gm there.

2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

Chris_Flex

They seem like a good dealer was a little worried for my first time taking it in for something since I have it tuned and everything

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune