• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford Nav system - intermittent accuracy?

Started by metroplex, November 21, 2017, 04:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I'm not quite certain but it could be located by the rear (Passenger side)(BCM) by the Trunk! IIRC.  Z
Diagram below under Antenna!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

metroplex

Was it all 1 piece? My black mouse-looking plastic antenna on the roof can be moved around slightly. I always thought it was just a plastic cover or something.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

metroplex

I pulled the negative cable for 15+ minutes and so far so good. I'll keep an eye on it, but like I said in a previous post, it occaisonally is spot-on even w/o the reset. So I don't think it is the new map data, it's just the GPSM isn't updating properly. I've seen this happen only ONCE in the 3+ years I had the car before upgrading the tire sizes, and never again until now. The GPS is always very slow though, like it takes 1-3 seconds to update during fast turns or turns in the city. Driving around Detroit can be confusing because the GPS isn't updating nearly as fast, but my Samsung S5 is significantly faster with a smaller antenna. Heck, my Garmin Vivoactive can get a GPS lock in under 1 second in downtown during a race (Free Press, etc...)
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

metroplex

Drove the car out from my garage this morning (cold start) and saw that the GPS was having a hard time figuring out where it was. I was driving really really slowly through the subdivision and it showed me driving through the marshes, parking lot, etc...

I switched out of Nav into some other screen, then back to Nav. It seemed to figure out where it was afterwards and never had an issue the rest of the drive. I know my Sirius/XM cuts out in my garage (it's below my condo unit) so it is possible it needed more time to lock. My Galaxy S5 had no issues.
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Heelfan1

Quote from: metroplex on November 24, 2017, 11:47:43 AM
Drove the car out from my garage this morning (cold start) and saw that the GPS was having a hard time figuring out where it was. I was driving really really slowly through the subdivision and it showed me driving through the marshes, parking lot, etc...

I switched out of Nav into some other screen, then back to Nav. It seemed to figure out where it was afterwards and never had an issue the rest of the drive. I know my Sirius/XM cuts out in my garage (it's below my condo unit) so it is possible it needed more time to lock. My Galaxy S5 had no issues.

Still believe antenna. Mine would sometimes make it 5 or six miles before loosing bearing.
2013 SHO non PP LMS Tuned, 160ts, 3 Bar, CAI, DP's
2013 EX Sport, LMS Tuned, 160ts,3 Bar, CAI
2018 Raptor H.O. Ecoboost LMS Tuned
2011 F150 Harley Edition 6.2 AWD(sold)
Whipple SC, JDM Tuned 600+ hp

metroplex

Was it a 1 piece antenna or was there a black plastic cover? See my posts above.
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Heelfan1

Quote from: metroplex on November 24, 2017, 04:32:47 PM
Was it a 1 piece antenna or was there a black plastic cover? See my posts above.

Mine was a one piece.
2013 SHO non PP LMS Tuned, 160ts, 3 Bar, CAI, DP's
2013 EX Sport, LMS Tuned, 160ts,3 Bar, CAI
2018 Raptor H.O. Ecoboost LMS Tuned
2011 F150 Harley Edition 6.2 AWD(sold)
Whipple SC, JDM Tuned 600+ hp

dlepak

The navigation on my 2014 Focus ST did the same thing. It was the global positioning system module (GPSM) that went bad. They replace it and worked perfectly since then.