• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

'18 Explorer Sport PTU drain plug size??

Started by jimmyducati, November 25, 2018, 03:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyducati

I want to drain the factory gear oil from the new Sport, and install a Fumoto Drain valve to make draining and filling an easier task in the future. Does anyone know the exact size and thread type for the PTU drain plug?
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead

SHOdded

Do not see sizes listed ...

CV6Z-7A010-A
Plug - Magnetic Type
Magnetic , Drain
Fit Note:   
Trans Power Takeoff Package
Base Number:   7A010A
Callout Name:   7A010A
$6.38$4.44

CV6Z-7A010-B
Plug - Filler
Fit Note:   
Trans Power Takeoff Package
Base Number:   7A010B
Callout Name:   7A010B
$2.35$1.64
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Here's a thread on a 16-Sport! Dunno! FWIW The Temp sensors are the same from 14-18 Sports AFAIK! Z

https://www.explorerforum.com//forums/index.php?threads/ptu-oil-change-tons-of-pics-2016-explorer-sport.462691/

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jimmyducati

Found that link early in my searching.. I refuse to wait for gear oil to creep down 2 2.5 feet of fuel line. I plan on using the FUMOTO valve to cleanly drain (HOT!!!) oil out and cleanly fill new oil back in.

I haven't been under the Sport to look, did ford give us a fill port in the old location? if they did, Ill just swap out the fluid like I did on my SHO, and while I have the drain plug out, measure the threads. Would be just like an engineer to give us a drain plug but take away the fill plug!!!
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!