• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2012 F150 on Dynojet

Started by thewrubelator, August 08, 2013, 03:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewrubelator

Quote from: darreli on August 09, 2013, 06:49:13 AM

Quote from: thewrubelator on August 09, 2013, 02:19:11 AM
Mods are in my signiture. Yes stock turbos, the 22psi is a little high, Shawn from SoCal is going to adjust the tune to get max boost around 17-18psi. A lot safer, until I get upgraded turbos.

So were the boost levels the same between LMS and SoCal?

No, LMS was around 17 max boost.
SILVER SLEEPER
LMS 91v10 /  91Xv1~ Full-Race FMIC ~ AFE Stage 2 CAI ~ MAK 3" O/R D/P ~ 4" MBRP CatBack

Check out my build thread!

darreli

Quote from: thewrubelator on August 09, 2013, 07:40:02 AM

Mods are in my signiture. Yes stock turbos, the 22psi is a little high, Shawn from SoCal is going to adjust the tune to get max boost around 17-18psi. A lot safer, until I get upgraded turbos.

So it makes sense that you made more power..I'd like to see the comparison at the same boost level

thewrubelator

Yea, i know. After the current tune is revised, I will be doing another pull.
SILVER SLEEPER
LMS 91v10 /  91Xv1~ Full-Race FMIC ~ AFE Stage 2 CAI ~ MAK 3" O/R D/P ~ 4" MBRP CatBack

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: darreli on August 09, 2013, 08:18:17 AM

Quote from: thewrubelator on August 09, 2013, 07:40:02 AM

So it makes sense that you made more power..I'd like to see the comparison at the same boost level

I just wanted to come in here to see the results of our tune versus others on the market. And I was very pleased to see how much power we made versus a tune with so much more boost being in the tune compared to our tunes.

I was concerned with the boost levels until I saw you are getting them lowered. Initially my post was going to be for a link to our new EcoBoost piston/Rod upgrade for when you needed it. but just in case, here is the link http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/EcoBoost-Piston-and-Rod-Combo.html

Making power with high boost is easy, but dangerous. This is why we target a specific boost range for our tunes and spent a great deal of time fully understanding how to not only limit, but control boost on the ecoboost vehicles. We see tunes all the time that have a ton of boost in them to make power, but it's not the correct way to do it and is flat out dangerous. We can make a tune that makes 20+ lbs of boost, that part is easy, but we know what the engines can truly handle over time and what they cannot.

The only way we would ever do a tune that aggressive would be for race fuel, and even then only with written consent from the customer knowing full well that their truck was going to fail because of the stress and high probability of detonation. Being you are on 91 octane and the engine is 10:1 compression, that makes it even more of a concern to us. We wouldn't even consider doing that on 93 octane, this would be race gas only for us, which we do offer.

This is where proper testing and development becomes critical as either A. the tune is designed to be that aggressive all of the time, which is very dangerous, or B. The tune has not been setup for all potential possibilities that could create a high boost situation. There is a reason we have done over 900 dyno runs on EcoBoost f150s, to recreate almost every situation possible.

5 extra lbs of boost for only 8-10 more hp seems rather counter productive. The turbo is well past it's efficiency range, so it makes a great deal more heat, to only (hopefully) have the timing backed off and make near identical power, even if it were in the efficiency range, 22# on pump fuel for anything is just flat out dangerous (again, being 10:1 compression with that much boost just makes matters worse).  In addition, if these were runs 1 and 2, I am assuming our runs were done afterwards? If that is the case, it's even more impressive that we make the power we do at 5# less boost, and already being heat soaked. I am completely satisfied with that validation of our tune, its effectiveness, and how much safer it is than some other tunes on the market.

geswek

Those pistons for 3.5L Twin or just 3.5L Single for F150?

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: geswek on August 09, 2013, 05:22:55 PM
Those pistons for 3.5L Twin or just 3.5L Single for F150?

The piston and rod combo are for any 3.5L EcoBoost engine

geswek

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on August 09, 2013, 05:32:42 PMThe piston and rod combo are for any 3.5L EcoBoost engine

I'll be in touch.

*here just take my credit cards!*

thewrubelator

Thank you for all the info LMS. I PM'd you also! I'll be sure to send you all my credit card info as well as drop my truck off when i get back to michigan so yall can have a field day on my truck....lol.

Now, back to the Dyno, i will be doing more dynos, as both my SoCal tune, and my LMS tunes get revised, and now that i know LMS has a race tune, I will do a dyno comparison of those since i think it would be more fair, since the SoCal tune is a VERY Aggressive tune. I really look forward to seeing the results guys. I want to see what else people can do with these trucks, thats why i tried different tuners. I hope this place doesnt turn into the bash-fest the other forums I am part of did.. :'(
SILVER SLEEPER

SoCalSHO

I'm afraid to meet you at the track with that tune!
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

thewrubelator

Well guys, I will no longer be running the SoCal tune after talking with Dan over at LMS. He is revising my 91 tune, sending me the v10 tune, and doing a few other things for me to try out. I appreciate all the help and time LMS has taken to help me out. Esoecially Chris on here, and Dan. They are great guys amd are willing to help you get what you want out of your vehicle. New dyno results to come monday morning with the new and imrproved LMS Tunes!! 8)
SILVER SLEEPER

DJE624

Looking forward to seeing the results!

thewrubelator

SILVER SLEEPER

2Canches