• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

rear seat removal

Started by haunter, November 18, 2017, 08:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haunter

Anybody know how to unclip the rear seats?

13 SHO PP - 170 T-Stat, Sp-534's, 3Bar MAF, Unleashed Tune

ZSHO

It should be in the owners manual IIRC.  Z

! No longer available

Removal and Installation

From under the front of the cushion assembly, push the 2 cushion floor latch release levers toward the driver side, while lifting up to disengage the front of the cushion assembly.
Remove the cushion assembly in the following sequence.
Push the cushion back as far as possible.
Lift up and pull forward at the rear outboard ends of the cushion, disengaging the wires from the retainer hooks.
Disconnect the heated seat electrical connector(s) (if equipped).
Remove the cushion.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Before installation, make sure the safety belts and buckles are accessible to the occupants.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

glock-coma

Just remember not to pull the seat off right away after unclipping the front.
You have to disconnect the seat heater harness first.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

haunter

Quote from: ZSHO on November 18, 2017, 09:32:06 AM
It should be in the owners manual IIRC.  Z

Dang I never expect useful info to be in there!

pmezo33

Fuel pump module? 

What part are you stuck on or do you just need instructions from start to finish?  I did it on someone else's car about a year ago or so.  It was fairly simple from memory.  I believe there were instructions posted somewhere on this forum if you don't have a manual. 

haunter

Quote from: pmezo33 on November 18, 2017, 02:22:52 PM
Fuel pump module? 

What part are you stuck on or do you just need instructions from start to finish?  I did it on someone else's car about a year ago or so.  It was fairly simple from memory.  I believe there were instructions posted somewhere on this forum if you don't have a manual.

nah, my 4 year old left the door cracked just enough that water got in, but not enough for the car to not lock or anything, so I took it out to clean up

StealBlueSho

SUPER EASY!!

Two spring loaded switches right in the middle of each seat between the carpet and the seat. Move them to the side and lift the cushion up, you will feel it release. You can do each side one at a time.

Each seat has a conncector for the seat heaters, there is enough harness that you can tilt the seat back and up a bit. Disconnect them.

There are two hooks, one at each back corner of the seats towards the door frame. You will need to push the seat back and up to unhook them. The seats have a wire that runs across the back that the hooks curl up around. The hooks are opened at the top, so you need to get that wire to the back of the hook and then lift. Again, you can do one side at a time.

The seat weights next to nothing... so you can just lift it out.

If you are replacing the fuel pump make sure to have a fuel pump locking ring removal tool... or a rubber mallet and a big screw driver.