• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

High Mileage, still running a tune?

Started by Bosscav, November 17, 2017, 01:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosscav

Hello All,

Wow, I've been off the forums for a long time.  Talk about a sight for sore eyes!!

So... I have a 2013 with the PP and I am going to throw a tune in it.  Just passing 70k miles.  I had a tuned 2010 SHO before this car.  Those of you from some of the other forums know some of the issues I had...  Before it hit 65k miles I went through (2) transmissions and (3) PTUs.  I always had a weird trans stutter that Livernois couldnt figure out.  I got so frustrated after the 3rd PTU died I got the 2013 SHO with the extra cooling.  I beat the snot out of this car (stock) and I am just getting the confidence to get her tuned as well.

ANYWAYS...

MY QUESTION: who here has a tuned SHO with greater than 80k miles? Do you keep the tune all the time or do you switch to stock every once in a while?  How long have you had the tune?

Thanks all!

-Will
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, White Platinum Tri-coat Metallic, 402B options package, 20" Nickel Aluminum wheels, purchased 6/26/2014 with only 17k miles. Previous owner: Little old woman who bought it for the heated leather seats...

polskifacet

83k on the car and drivetrain, 23k on the motor, biggest tune the tires can handle always lol
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SHO9987

73k miles, I've had her tuned since 60k.  Still going strong.  I would definitely promote more frequent PTU and transmission services. 
2013 SHO Non-PP, Catless DPs, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Airraid CAI, Stock Turbo Upgrades, snow - W/M system, custom tune

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

5ohSHO

Over 107k on the odometer with no problems. I've only had it tuned for a couple thousand miles though. I always have it tuned.