• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Meth kit installation pictures?

Started by Grimster, July 02, 2013, 04:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimster

Hey, does anyone have good pictures of their water/methanol kit installed?  I just recently bought Torrie's kit and haven't had time to mess with it at all.  I was curious where everyone installed the components. 

This is the picture on Unleashed Tuning's website :

It looks like the pump is mounted in the top left of the engine bay in that picture.  And the water/meth supply line is just tapped directly into the cap of the stock reservoir.  Im assuming the tube is pushed all the way into the reservoir and drawing up from the bottom. 

Where should the nozzle be installed?  In that last piece of hard, black plastic just before the throttle body?

Anyone have any good pictures of their installed kit?

Thanks,

Andy
2010 MKS Ecoboost
Airaid intake, Water/Methanol Kit, 3-bar sensor, Tuned by Unleashed Tuning

darreli

I have some over on another forum...I'll post them up here sometime tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.

To answer your question on the nozzle...yes. Here is a pic of mine

I'll post the rest of the pics later

EcoBrick Bob

That is the install that I did on my Flex.  I have lots of Pix.  My problem is that I have them in a Photobucket file that for some reason won't post here.  I can go back to my original pix, but that takes much more time as I have to search and pick the right ones out of several uploads from my camera.

PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you a link to the Photobucket album that has all the details.

Installing Torrie's W/M system is much easier than the Livernois/ Alky Control system which requires you to take off the front clip. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

PopolZ

Nozzle installed with a check valve from devilsown.

The pump installed beside the tank. I know the IN of the pump is above the water/meth level but since I've installed my kit I've checked with the test button and never had a "deprimed" situation. It's one of the reasons why I have a check valve.

Since I'm using my water/meth mix as windshield washer and I didn't want to refill my tank often, I've added another tank and it's link to my windshield washer reservoir by 2 hoses.

2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

darreli

Heres a couple more pics...a little late but

This is where the pump is mounted just below the horn on the driver side

I use my original washer fluid resevoir for the methanol and added this small resivori for the washer fluid..its a master/slave type setup with the fill in the engine compartment drains down via hose to the storage bottle seen above

EcoBrick Bob

I have lots of pix of my W/M install of Torrie's kit, but don't seem to be able to transfer from Photobucket to here.  Since they were taken over several days, it takes forever to find and post.  Everything is in one album on Photobucket.

Anyone who wants to see, PM me your e-mail address. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Grimster

Just shot you a PM Bob.

Thanks everyone for posting pictures so far.  I'll be sure to reference these when I do my install.  I will also take detailed pictures of my install and showcase them here for anyone else looking to do the same.

I believe this site is great and the more info on here the better for everyone!

-Andy
2010 MKS Ecoboost

EcoBrick Bob

For anyone who want's to look at them... here is a link to my Photobucket file on Torrie's W/M install and Nesho mid-pipe + odds and ends.

http://s334.photobucket.com/user/RobMoser/library/Flex%20Mod%20Install

SHOFlex11

Found some time this past week to throw in the meth kit I purchased from Torrie. I made a few changes as I ordered a tank tap, check valve, and M10 nozzle from Devil's Own. I could not get the 1/4" nylon hose that came with the kit or the extra Devil's Own hose I bought to seal @ the quick connect fittings, and yes, the ends were cut nicely square with a razor. I ended up raiding our instrumentation shop for some Swagelok inserts that solved the problem. I tapped the hard plastic elbow near the Charge Temp sensor for a cleaner look, and decided to mount the pump near the WW tank using the existing body bracket, this way all I need to do to access the pump is to remove the right wheel and inner fender liner. I'm not worried about the pump being above the suction line as the Shurflo pumps will self-prime up to 2.4m, plus I added a check valve on the discharge line. Using the WW reservoir, it gives 5L of capacity to the tank tap, and 4L of usage until the WW low warning light comes on. I burned through 4L of 50/50 mix in 600 km of spirited highway driving. I will likely not run the system in the winter and use the WW reservoir as intended. I'll likely start running a 60/40 meth-water ratio, but that is as far as I will take it for the time being. Was bored on the last set of night shifts, so we conducted some flammability tests using different ratios...60/40 is much easier to extinguish than 100%, but to each their own comfort level. Lastly, I managed to shoe-horn an aFe Pro Series 7 conical filter in place of the K&N that came in their FIPK. I was not looking for a bigger filter, rather something that had improved filtering efficiency, but it was the only one with a 6" flange that would fit. I had to push the battery as far in the tray towards the firewall as possible, and the FIPK must be disassembled to put the filter in first, than re-assembled. Oh, I almost forgot, the supplied LED light promptly died, so I had to make a run to the local Radio Shack for another 12v red light. Kinda sucked that it took a 1/2" hole in the dash to seat it, but it was all I could find on short notice. Not complaining, just not as stealthy as the original light.

'13 Flex - Torrie tuned on 93, 60/40 meth-H2O inj, PPE catted DP's into full Magnaflow exhaust w/ X-pipe, 170 t-stat, K&N FIPK w/ aFe filter, H&R springs w/ rear air bags, blah blah blah...
'13 SHO w/ PP-stock as per the wife's demands...

Grimster

Ok...time for two REALLY dumb questions.  But I'd rather ask them and get it over it...especially since they should be easy. 

Where is the 2-bar sensor that I need to swap out with this 3 bar sensor? 

Where is the easiest place to tap into the boost line for the WM kit's pressure switch?  Do you know the diameter of that line?  I do need to go get a " T " for that connection, right?..there's not one already there...

Again...dumb questions which I could probably figure out tonight when actually looking at the car.  But Im stuck in the office until late tonight and Im curious :)

As of right now I am planning on installing the kit tomorrow after work.  I'll make sure to take lots of fun pictures
2010 MKS Ecoboost

crash712us

Quote from: Grimster on July 30, 2013, 03:55:32 PM
Ok...time for two REALLY dumb questions.  But I'd rather ask them and get it over it...especially since they should be easy. 

Where is the 2-bar sensor that I need to swap out with this 3 bar sensor? 

Where is the easiest place to tap into the boost line for the WM kit's pressure switch?  Do you know the diameter of that line?  I do need to go get a " T " for that connection, right?..there's not one already there...

Again...dumb questions which I could probably figure out tonight when actually looking at the car.  But Im stuck in the office until late tonight and Im curious :)

As of right now I am planning on installing the kit tomorrow after work.  I'll make sure to take lots of fun pictures

MAP sensor is located right on top of intake manifold, best place to tap for for vac/boost is the brake boost vacuum line runs from intake across strut tower brace to brake booster. I believe the line is 3/8's, I had to make my own T.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

bpd1151

Although it's been awhile since I looked at it, I do believe I covered the answers to both of those questions within my "How-To" on my Methanol Install.

Check the 'How-To' section(s) for it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Grimster

Well Im partway through the install.  I bought the wrong tap, so back to the store for the right one so I can mount the nozzle.  I have mounted the relay box, boost switch box and the actual pump.  I ended up mounting the pump on that bracket that is right next to the washer reservoir.  Almost seemed like it was supposed to go there! 

So all I really have left is to mount the nozzle, and finish up the electrical and then Im rocking and rolling.  I took several pictures so far and will be taking more as I finish up.  Hope this thing is worth it as I have a nice little crick in my neck from messing with the pump install :lol:
2010 MKS Ecoboost

Grimster

Whew, got it all wired up.  What a pain.  Tested out the unit and the pump is turning on, but acting very strange.  Of course I already put the wheel liner and wheel back on and lowered the car down before testing.  So I'll need to take all that off again in order to troubleshoot the pump.  Im hoping it is just a kinked line or something.

All that's left after troubleshooting the pump is to "clean up" the wiring a little and mount the switch inside the car.  Right now the switch is just hanging out on the floor near the pedals.....not the best place.  haha.
2010 MKS Ecoboost

shoman04

Quote from: Grimster on July 03, 2013, 08:26:32 PM
Just shot you a PM Bob.

Thanks everyone for posting pictures so far.  I'll be sure to reference these when I do my install.  I will also take detailed pictures of my install and showcase them here for anyone else looking to do the same.

I believe this site is great and the more info on here the better for everyone!

-Andy
I think you all to. I will be starting my install next week LMS sys.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1: