• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sway bar end links

Started by elund126, July 30, 2013, 06:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elund126

Has anyone checked their sway bar end links? Or, what is the best way to check if mine are worn out? I have a 2010 with 54k on the clock.

The reason I ask is I am getting alot of rattling and sounds when going over rough roads at LOW speeds. From what I have read, it sounds like mine might be going bad. I want to physically check before spending any money.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

SoCalSHO

Where Is The Sound Coming From?
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

elund126

Definately coming from the wheel well area. It just feels really loose going over bumps while going slow.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO

SoCalSHO

I had a rattling problem on the front. They replaced the strut, shock and strut mount. Problem gone. Taken care of under extending warranty. Paid my deductible, they sent the money back. nice bonus.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

elund126

Did yours rattle all of the time, or just at slow speeds over bumps?
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO

SoCalSHO

I would say mostly slower speeds, speed bumps, driveways, that sort of thing. Then When i drove next to a sound wall on the freeway, rolled my window down, i could sometimes hear it, hitting bumps.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

elund126

Sounds interesting, thanks for the info. I am going to jack the front end up tomorrow, take the wheels off, and see if there is any play in the links. I hope there is, so I don't have to go hunting for the problem.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO

elund126

The end links are tight, no play. I had my son wiggle the steering wheel and there is some noise rattle from the steering gear, or tie rod ends. The problem is, I don't know if that is normal.

At this point, I am back to square one. I guess I will start shaking everything and listening!!
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO

darreli

Check your tie rod ends...I had to replace mine with about the same mileage

elund126

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO

darreli