• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Meth nozzle sizing?

Started by jbeez, November 16, 2017, 11:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbeez

So I have plugs, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, PPE catted downpipes, hotpipes w/ tial BOV, K&N Panel, aways 93 octane pump gas. and working on picking out meth kit parts.

What nozzles and controllers can y'all recommend? I'm doing a single port meth install because my hot pipes have a meth bung begging to be used.

Right now I'm looking hard at alky controls and prometh parts. I don't like the devils own or aem controllers at all, I'm indifferent about the snow controller but it looks difficult to get any support from them if a part breaks so I'm not going for snow parts as of now.

I'm more than likely running some braided lines so I don't have to keep replacing lines.

Brad suggested 300-500cc nozzle. The DO4 looks like it might fit the bill(440ml/min | 6.97GPH). Good or bad idea with what mods I have? Should I start off a little lower or go higher instead of wasting money on rebuying nozzles?

I guess the nozzle sizing might also require knowing what mix I'll run. I'm torn between a washer fluid ~33% and a 50/50 mix.

I don't plan on doing anymore mods. I don't want drivetrain issues/ptu issues in my '14 PP SHO, also the cost benefit ratio is starting to wane considerably past this point.

Have any of you experimented with the differences between the 33 and the 50? From what I've read the 50 may allow the boost to stay a little higher longer, at least it went that way for an f150 fellow.

Prometh has a calculation they list for figuring out nozzle size, but it requires knowing crank HP, I have no idea what I'm making at the crank with this setup.

Horsepower @ crank x .5  = CC jetting (pure water)
Horsepower @ crank x 1.0 = CC jetting (50/50 mix)
Horsepower @ crank x 1.5-2.0 = CC jetting (pure methanol)

2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

luckythirteen13

i run an 800mil/min nozzle on my truck and a snow progressive controller.  sprays 10% duty cycle at 7psi of boost and 100% duty cycle at 14psi

ddlopes

375ml to 425ml is more than enough
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

Mo7ammed

Well, if you gonna boost it to the max, 1000-1200 cc with pure meth is needed, we have fueling limitations in the SHO.

But if you wanna keep it normal daily drive with performance in mind, then 500 cc or less will do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lamrith

It is worth noting you may not need/want a "controller" and by that I mean progressive controller.  Last I talked to Brad he much prefers all or nothing for Meth injection.  That should make what controller to use a bit more simple, just get one that will let you adjust when the spray starts and adjust it per Brad's recommendation.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Skydogs

Quote from: lamrith on March 21, 2018, 12:15:38 AM
It is worth noting you may not need/want a "controller" and by that I mean progressive controller.  Last I talked to Brad he much prefers all or nothing for Meth injection.  That should make what controller to use a bit more simple, just get one that will let you adjust when the spray starts and adjust it per Brad's recommendation.

Yes you are 100% right mine is 100% on at a set psi. Car runs unreal/prefect!  Much smoother than a ramp spray.

Skydog
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned