• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Anyone have Alky in Tampa do an install?

Started by GIGANTORE, November 13, 2017, 04:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIGANTORE

So Ive been kicking round the idea of having someone professionally install the Alky kit from LMS. I noticed that Alky had a FB page and started talking to them. They are a short road trip away from south Florida. So it looks like I might just go to Tampa for the day and have them do the install. I was wondering what others would say about dealing directly with the folks at Alky. Any information to share/experience?

bpd1151

Never been to their facility myself, and the ability to acquire some one on one face time/interaction with your vendor, is absolutely PRICELESS.

That said, every time I have reached out to Julio myself, he has been every bit of fan-flip'n-tastic & absolutely stellar to speak with.

Top notch.

If you do decide to go there, please tell him Mike, the officer from Chicago with the insane black/white Taurus build says hello.

Enjoy the experience and be sure to grab some photos. Always cool to document the history of you, and your SHO, as the build progresses!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Everything BPD1151 said and more...

I myself have been in contact with Julio and he is one of the nicest and knowledgeable guys I have had the pleasure of doing business with. LMS even has him come up to their facilities to do installs.

If I was close by like yourself, I wouldn't think twice of having him do the install. He really knows his trade.

GIGANTORE

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'm going to have to take the plunge/drive. I didn't realize I was talking to the Julio I e heard mentioned in the past. I don't have any problem doing the install myself. Just not feeling another project at the moment. And I like the fact that he's done installs on an SHO before. Sounds like it's gonna be worth the drive.

ZSHO

The last time spoke with Julio Don was this past summer while attending an Orlando LEA Convention!
I made last minute plans to visit him but unfortunately he was traveling to WA ! So plan things accordingly as you might need to schedule an appt and certainly worth the wait IMO.  Side note! also recall him mentioning doing a 12 SHO Alky install when placing an order for the Alky reservoir cap. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|