• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Crossing fingers. Car in the shop for parts swapping..

Started by TopherSho, November 13, 2017, 12:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: TopherSho on December 31, 2017, 09:23:40 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 31, 2017, 07:56:02 PM
What is their reasoning for that? City folks not smart enough?

You've got meth. You should just run full E85.

Im minus meth and enjoying my E85.

my 2010 would need the new Livernois pump, and probably new injectors.  I would love that :) ... buuuut it is a bit out of the budget,  'specialy since about to drop 2000-3000$ to get the damn turbos swapped out of pocket since we are not getting codes.

As to the pump your own,  It is the general idiocy that if there is a full service side it will ''cost more''.  Apparently paying 1$ more per fill is is just to much to pay...
I'm not running any of that...Fuel system hardware is unchanged through the years with the exception of the in tank pump change in 2013. Injector o-rings were upgraded in 2014.

If you wanna run pig rich you've got meth to fatten it up.

avidmotion

Starting issues, weird stuff driver seat going back, all crazy stuff mine did when the battery started going bad.....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

TopherSho

Quote from: avidmotion on January 01, 2018, 02:10:26 AM
Starting issues, weird stuff driver seat going back, all crazy stuff mine did when the battery started going bad.....

hmpf i just replaced it this year.  it had better not go tits up .. i'd be vastly annoyed
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SHOdded

Any possibility it is the knock sensors/wiring?  Since knock data is master & commander.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Quote from: SHOdded on January 01, 2018, 09:10:23 AM
Any possibility it is the knock sensors/wiring?  Since knock data is master & commander.

so far we have not seen any knock spikes. it is super consistent:
-if you have NOT got on it recently .. it will generate boost correctly for a short time .. then it will start bucking, popping, after 4500+ rpm
-if you get on it right away after it has been bucking and dropping spark it does it instantly
-we see over boosting in the logs

i think there is a hole in one or both baffles.  and once air gets on the other side it cant open the wastegate enough and it starts dropping spark to keep from blowing up.

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: TopherSho on January 01, 2018, 02:16:21 AM
Quote from: avidmotion on January 01, 2018, 02:10:26 AM

hmpf i just replaced it this year.  it had better not go tits up .. i'd be vastly annoyed
Did you put a bigger battery in? Both of my SHOs went through batteries like it was their job. The Lincoln got an MC 850(It died too, lol.) and so far so good.

Are you logging system voltage during logging?

Noise and bucking also sounds like TC/ESP intervention (ABS is noisy)

I'm thinking a bad wheel speed sensor could cause false intervention?

That should show in Torque Source though....

Do you have Spark and Fuel source PIDS? The Lincoln does not but that might help if your strategy does.

FoMoCoSHO

Boost Control
The boost control system determines a desired boost. Active control occurs when the desired boost is
above base boost  where  base  boost  is  defined  as  that  boost  that  results  when  the  wastegate  vent  solenoid  is  not
venting (circuit off).

The following conditions may result in underboost.

One or more wastegates stuck open

Large conduit leak between compressor and throttle

The following conditions may result in overboost.

One or more wastegates stuck closed

One  or  more  control  hoses  leaking/disconnected  between  wastegate  diaphragm  and  wastegate  vent
solenoid.

Wastegate vent solenoid stuck in vent position

Control hoses to wastegate vent solenoid swapped.

Hose between boost volume and wastegate vent solenoid disconnected.

Not-yet-detected Turbocharger Boost sensor in-range failure.

TopherSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 01, 2018, 02:14:32 PM

One or more wastegates stuck closed <---likely not opening fully.  not sure if there are pids for actual and requested.

One  or  more  control  hoses  leaking/disconnected  between  wastegate  diaphragm  and  wastegate  vent
solenoid. <--- possible leak.. but i feel it a leak would have issues lower down as well as at WoT..?? am i wrong?

Wastegate vent solenoid stuck in vent position <---possible.

Control hoses to wastegate vent solenoid swapped.   <--- doubt this one.  no mods were made prior to failure.

Hose between boost volume and wastegate vent solenoid disconnected.  <---will have ford look at the hoses.

Not-yet-detected Turbocharger Boost sensor in-range failure.  <---possible but i think it is the diaphragm as Brad mentioned.

it is not starting again so its going back to the shop.  while it is in i will have them replace all the hoses that come off the turbos and wastegates.   after that im hosed.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: TopherSho on January 01, 2018, 04:07:15 PM

One or more wastegates stuck closed <---likely not opening fully.  not sure if there are pids for actual and requested.

solenoid. <--- possible leak.. but i feel it a leak would have issues lower down as well as at WoT..?? am i wrong?

Control hoses to wastegate vent solenoid swapped.   <--- doubt this one.  no mods were made prior to failure.

Hose between boost volume and wastegate vent solenoid disconnected.  <---will have ford look at the hoses.

Not-yet-detected Turbocharger Boost sensor in-range failure.  <---possible but i think it is the diaphragm as Brad mentioned.

it is not starting again so its going back to the shop.  while it is in i will have them replace all the hoses that come off the turbos and wastegates.   after that im hosed.
I have a bypass on/off PID...dunno if that's any help

Did anyone get on the phone with the Hotline?

FoMoCoSHO

No crank condition?

TopherSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 01, 2018, 04:34:20 PM

I don't think so.  so far if it doesn't have a code they are playing dumb.

TopherSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 01, 2018, 04:37:21 PM

No crank condition?

exactly.  no codes,  no crank attempt at all.  it goes through all the motions like it did start. sweeps the tach, cycles the air, etc.   it worked all day yesterday no issues.   this morning to cranking at all. 

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: TopherSho on January 01, 2018, 06:42:55 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 01, 2018, 04:34:20 PM

I don't think so.  so far if it doesn't have a code they are playing dumb.
Did you monitor voltage while trying to start?

All of the shiny lights during startup is not an indication of cranking power.

There is a possibility that low power could cause your other issues as well, I've seen all of mine exhibit very strange behavior when the battery was in it's death throes.

Did you look for DTC's with the X4?

Never underestimate the stupidity or laziness of some Ford techs...

TopherSho

i will have to check again but we did not see any codes last time.  as to the voltage while cranking i don't have the tools .. but im sure the dealership will :P